“Worth going back to!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Tasca

La Tasca
722 7th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)
(202) 347-9190
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
La Tasca is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #256 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: H Street
Transit: Metro - Chinatown/Gallery Place Metro Stop (red, yellow, and green lines)
Description: Happy Hour, 4-7 PM Everyday! Bar Only: $3.50 glasses of draft beer, house wine ($15 bottles), Sangria ($15 pitchers); $3.00 select tapas; Ask about our seasonal drink specials. Seating for 275 people on two floors. Book a complete floor for your own private party with private bar. In the Heart of the Penn Quarter, take the Metro Red, Yellow, or Green Lines to Gallery Place/ChinaTown.DINER’S CHOICE: La Tasca DC was recently named in “GOOD FOR GROUPS” CATEGORY
McLean, Virginia
“Worth going back to!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

Over the years, I've dined at the VA and DC locations, but stopped going about 2 years ago because I found the food to be nothing special (as did a number of other reviewers prior to 2013) But things have changed...and definitely for the better!! I found out that the former Executive Chef of Taberna del Alabardero is now in charge of all 5 La Tasca's kitchens--a change that occurred in spring 2013. This time I tried tapas from each menu category. My favorites were tabla de caballa, jamón ibérico, tortilla de patatas, cazuela de setas, pato con ciruelas, and a raw kale salad. The cheese board was yummy, but my personal preference for Manchego is one that has been aged longer to develop a bolder flavor. My least favorite was the coles de bruselas but only because I prefer unbreaded cooked vegetables. I dined between the lunch and dinner rush which was nice because I could converse without speaking loudly.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri
“Very Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

The food was delicious. I had never eaten at a tapa restaurant before and this was a great first entry. The restaurant had an authentic feel and the food seemed very authentic. They had menu options to appeal to all tastes, to include the vegan in our group. The price was a bit high, but the quality of the food matched. The only complaint was that the restaurant was quite loud for a late workday lunch. All-in-all, it was an enjoyable experience.

Visited March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Known for their happy hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Known for their $20 pitcher of sangria which I must say is very good. However, the atmosphere is not friendly and it's very loud no matter how few people are there.

Visited January 2014
Quincy, Massachusetts, United States
“Nice dinner out”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My wife and I consisted for a casual dinner out. Food was great. Couldn't decide how many plates to order to two as tapas can be tricky. We got five and was perfect. Sangria is also wonderful.

Indianapolis
“Tapas divine!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Went on a Friday night with my son and his roommate while visiting him in DC. The place was hopping! The food and drinks were excellent! We had a pitcher of sangria that was loaded with fresh fruit and every dish we had was good. We especially liked the bacon wrapped dates and the Tabla de Jamon y Queso. I'd definitely go again!

Visited March 2014