“Spacious rooms however CLEAN UP!!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom

You added Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom to your Saves list
Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   801 New Hampshire Avenue NW, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #37 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Houston, Texas
“Spacious rooms however CLEAN UP!!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Yes your rooms are spacious however your Housekeeping crew needs to be replace/retrain etc.
My bathroom was terrible; past guest hair on the floor/wall and shower wall. Past guest or someone's CONTACT LENS hanging on the bottom of the bathroom door!!! This Lens remain on this door from Saturday at Checkin until Monday at Checkout, and Maybe still there today!!!!
Hand towels had Red and Brown stains on them from previous guest usage, which were not able to remore stain so therefore housekeeping will continue to place them in the guest bathrooms for USAGE. I don't see applying a stained "white" towel to my face. Your breakfast was fair, "deluxe" is more than just danish and bagels cold cereals/coffee / juice. However your staff was very nice and friendly just your establishment needs a lot of work along with the crew.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel since its transition to Residence Inn. This hotel has been significantly improved as a Residence inn. The rooms are very modern.They are large and very comfortable. There are many upgrades throughout the hotel. The service is excellent. This is a very nice residential area which is convenient to restaurants,subway,etc. The rate was very reasonable.I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Jessica C, General Manager at Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your kind words about your recent stay with us and I'm happy that we provided both excellent service and comfortable accommodations. We look forward to replicating the experience on your next visit!

Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 days in the beginning of September. I came for a work conference at GWU and the location made hotel a perfect choice. My boss booked my room and saw online that the hotel was undergoing construction. He called the hotel and spoke to someone who assured him that the hotel would be done construction by the time I arrived.

This was not the case.

I arrived a few hours early because I came on the metro and (which is located very close to the hotel!). After spending some time at Whole Foods (which is also very close, right across from the Foggy Bottom Metro Station) I decided to head to the hotel because lugging my bags around was not very fun.

When I got to the hotel, I was greeted immediately and was told I could hang out in the lobby until check in time at 3pm. I was fine with this and set up shop, using the free Wi-Fi to get some work done.

I quickly learned that construction was not over and based on the meeting that was going on in the lobby nearby me with some managers and other "official" looking people, I don't think the end date was anywhere in sight.

At about 3:10 pm, I headed up to the front desk to get checked in. I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep! I was told that my room was not ready yet and wouldn't be ready for another 30-45 minutes. I had no choice but to wait. The lady at the front desk was very apologetic and nice during the whole time, which definitely helped out.

Once I was FINALLY able to get into my room, I was pleasantly surprised by how nice it was! I had a nice corner room and it was lovely.

The only construction issues I encountered was the elevator. Only one was working and the construction crew was using it as well. I waited an average of 5-10 minutes each time I needed to use it.

The other disappointment was the breakfast. Everything seemed to be out (coffee!!) when I was there and they didn't have any of the hot foods out, only cereal and bagels. They did seem to have the potential to have other items, so that may be due to the construction as well.

So like the title states, my stay was good... but due to the timing of the construction and my stay, I probably didn't get to experience all that it has to offer. I can definitely see that this hotel has A LOT of potential and it seems like the things I encountered was due to the construction, which sucks for me but I guess is life. The staff was EXTREMELY friendly which I think is very important- so kudos to them for great customer service!

Room Tip: I stayed in a room on the end and it was fantastic! I heard nothing at all even though I know there...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Great, newly remodeled hotel. Spacious, nicely decorated rooms with bedroom, separate sitting area and great kitchen. Very close to George Washington University and walking distance to shops, restaurants, the metro and tourist spots. Friendly, helpful staff, valet parking with in/out privileges and a great breakfast. It would be my first choice when returning to the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
What kind words! It's wonderful to know that you had such a memorable time with us and I'm happy to hear that you were extreamly satisfied with your stay - we are looking forward to your next stay!

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Walking distance to Georgetown shopping/riverfront, Kennedy Center, super close to GWU/Foggy Bottom Metro stop and WholeFoods. Great customer service. This newly remodeled hotel just needs to get both elevators working and refurbish rooftop pool to really be a stand out!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
What kind words! Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay here at the brand new Residence Inn Foggy Bottom! We are currently finishing up on our elevator renovation project and the roof top pool should be refurbished by opening time next year!

We are looking forward to your next stay!

Scranton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This hotel is located very close to the Metro near the campus of George Washington University. The staff was very friendly and the hotel was clean and quiet. The breakfast was very good with multiple delicious items. Our stay was very enjoyable even with the government shutdown.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Wow! It makes us feel so good to know that you enjoyed your time with so! Thank you for the kind response and we will always do everything we can to make sure you have a repeat expereince with us on your next visit to DC~!

Inverness, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

First booked a very affordable room on the northeast area outside DC about 10 miles. Unfortunately, it was a poor choice and we stayed there 2 nights (so as to not pay a penalty for early check-out). We booked at the Residence Inn and stayed there for 3 nights following our horrible experience on Metro Points Hotel. The hotel allowed us to check in early 11am and check out late 1pm- it helped to be a Marriott rewards member. We had a 1 bedroom apartment room, fully furnished and all the kitchen cookware, dishes, cups, silverware, etc. The hotel was in a residential area very close to the metro station and restaurants. The rooms were clean, updated and the linens were VERY fresh. One elevator was not working during our stay. Breakfast was served every morning and could've served more fruits but all in all it was acceptable. There is valet for parking cars in a lot behind the building, it is $40 a day and you have unlimited access to it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your detailed review! It was a joy to have you as our guests! I'm excited to hear that you were able to take advantage of our many amenties and services we offer, like the daily hot breakfast, perfect location and our valet! We are looking forward to your next visit!