We stayed three nights in January 2012.
Pro - Whole Foods right around the corner
- Melvin and Sief (sp?) on the door were Fantastic. Both helped unload and load our car (travelling with small children... the detritus of a backseat/trunk after 6hr drive. Helped move us in and out. They're fanatstic
- great location for our GWU work.
- Wonderful Italian restaurant right across the street. Very good food.
Cons - too much $ for the quality of rooms
- stove didn't work (they fixed it 2nd day)
- not well insulated; with the curtains open, hard to keep the room warm
- no pool
- some attitude from the front desk on check-in (hhonors gold. really folks?)
- front desk gave me incorrect walking directions twice.
Overall, very nice having kitchen and fridge, esp with the kids. No breakfast included, $10/day PER DEVICE for internet. Probably won't be staying here again. For the money, there's much better around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Residence Inn by Marriott Washington DC/Foggy Bottom is located in the heart of the most historic neighborhood in DC. We are an upscale extended stay hotel nestled in one of the city's most sophisticated and fashionable parts of the city. Our central location is minutes from George Washington University and Hospital, Department of State, World Bank, other renowned corporations, celebrated attractions, restaurants, shopping, Georgetown and one block to the Foggy Bottom metro. Whether you're with us for a few days, a few weeks, or a few months, your daily routine matters .Our inviting gatehouse will allow you to spread out and relax after a long day. We offer complimentary Wi-Fi in all our suites and public areas at the hotel .You will never go hungry with our complimentary daily deluxe buffet breakfast and our Social Hours served in the evenings. Whether you are traveling for business or pleasure, your stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Washington DC/Foggy Bottom will keep you well taken care of ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Marriott, Despegar.com, Hotel.de, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Washington, DC/Foggy Bottom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.