“Great hotel, with great service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #40 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
College Station, Texas
“Great hotel, with great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We recently stayed here on vacation because they had a good rating on trip advisor and seemed to have a good value. The hotel was great. The service from the front desk, housekeeping, and food services was always good and the personnel were always nice. I want to especially mention Deborah in the mornings who always greeted us with a smile and took great care of us. The breakfasts were excellent and offered eggs, a meat, biscuits and other breads, waffles (the kind cooked in an iron not frozen) and there was always plenty. We ate all three of the free meals in the evenings and though they are not five star they were really good. There was always plenty and the quality of the food was good. I give them credit for creativity, there are not too many places that would prepare mass amounts of corn beef and cabbage, but that is what they did for St. Patrick's Day, and it was quite good. The room was always clean and the lobby/common areas clean as well. The internet was slow some but free which is a plus. I will say that it is not in the heart of downtown which was an advantage to me, it was quiet at night, and still within walking distance to the mall and with a metro stop around the corner the whole of DC was easily accessible. The only bad point is the parking garage is not kind to large vehicles, we were in a truck and it was difficult to get in but once we figured out if we pulled in the mirrors, it helped, we were good. I really enjoyed the stay here and plan on staying here again as I travel to DC some for business.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

We stayed at this hotel over Presidents' Day weekend. The hotel was clean and the staff were friendly. My room was always cleaned and stocked with any items I needed. The hotel is located around the corner from the metro which was great and only a few blocks from the Smithsonian Museums. The negative's were that there weren't any restaurants in the neighborhood and you would have to go away from the hotel area to eat out. Also the parking fees were very high, $33.60 a night. On Valentine's Day they gave my husband and I each a bag of cookies and of Hershey kisses which was a plus.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

Ok so I had stayed here once before (last month) and did last night. There are a few pros and cons about the place. I ended up in this hotel b/c I did a blind bid on priceline so it was a great value for the price. If you don't know how to use priceline, I recommend it b/c you'll probably save 50-70% on your room rates.

PROS: smoke-free, close to the metro, free breakfast, free internet, spacious room, quiet, close to certain government buildings, meant for business travellers only

CONS: even though I booked the room on priceline, the check-in lady was trying to convince me that I will not receive points for my stay at all. Only after I explained that you do for incidentals did she put forth the effort to finally put it in. Talk about louzy effort! Now to the list: location sucks as night as its literally dead out there, the internet might be free but its slow unless you pay to upgrade, the room is big but the heat is not quick and my stay was cold.

Like I said, this hotel was worth it b/c I got it on priceline. I would not book this place if I had to actually pay full price, even on client travel. I would recommend staying in a more lively area like the Vermont Ave Residence Inn or Dupont or something. However, the hotel is great if your doing business in that particular area. Btw, this time around it must have been the room (8th floor), my cell phone did not have signal at all!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Knoxville, TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2010

The hotel was clean, the 1 bedroom suite was a good size, the included breakfast was good, and the metro was out the front door and turn left and left again. Very very convenient. The underground parking garage was tight and $30 nightly.

We visited just before New Years and left on New Years day. The hotel was absolutely overrun with families and kiddies. The breakfast area was a little hectic because of all of the kids. It's a buffet and kids naturally want to hold their own plate and scoop their own oatmeal...even though they may not actually be tall enough or strong enough to do that. Some parents were not very good about attending to their little ones and long lines would form because junior was straining to reach the oatmeal container. It would be better if parents would just supervise their kids a bit better...not the hotel's fault.

The pool was clean, the 2 internet computers in the lobby worked well. There was really nothing to dislike about this hotel. The only slight problem we had was the maid refused to leave enough towels for us. We had 4 people but she would only leave 2 towels. Also the bathroom vent did not work very well.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Residence Inn for 4 nights over Thanksgiving and we were extremely happy with our stay. Here are some of the things we liked:
- Very close to the Metro - we used it a LOT
- We asked for a room high up and we were given a room on the top floor - so no noise from the nearby train tracks.
- Our room was very spacious! Full kitchen, eating area, sitting area, bedroom area, bathroom.
- Nice shop located in the lobby to buy snacks, drinks, wine, souviners, etc.
- Breakfast was included and was very good. Not too crowded until the days after Thanksgiving when it was so packed with families that we brought our food back up to our room to eat.
- Complementary dinner buffet was served twice while we were there.
- It's within easy walking distance to the National Mall, Capitol, museums, etc.
- There were several small places to eat nearby such as Potbelly's, Starbucks, etc. but we didn't get a chance to try any out.
- I wish we would have had time to try out the nice swimming pool and work out room.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting DC. We would stay there again or maybe next time we will stay in a different part of town just to experience a new area.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

i stayed with my family over the christmas break. we loved the hotel .the staff was very friendly , the rooms were clean and efficient ,the hot breakfast was amazing , well located , the fireplace in the lobby very welcoming ,the gym all top of the line equiptment , the laundry room very helpful to have , the complimentary dinner delicous and healthy !! my kids loved the hotel and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

Super value for the money. Really great breakfasts (not just continental) and even dinners a few times a week. Friendly staff but not bell-hops. Rooms are large and fully equipped but a bit sterile. Kitchenettes are great with most conveniences. Free WIFI is great. Location is very good. For travelers with families (especially young children) this hotel is a real winner.

• Stayed September 2009