“Super love this hotel !!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #28 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
Pasig, Philippines
“Super love this hotel !!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

This became the family's favorite for our 2014 US Trip. The hotel and the rooms are very clean. We booked two 1 bedroom suite with 2 queen beds. The suite has fully equipped kitchen, a living room with pull out sofa beds, a bedroom with 2 queen beds and bathroom, a dining table for four, free internet connection and free breakfast. The hotel has swimming pool, a laundry area, a gym, and a souvenir shop in the lobby. They have a free grocery shopping service and they'll just bill you for the grocery purchases. There's a few cafes outside the hotel too. A plus for this hotel is it's proximity to the metro station (3 mins walk only), Smithsonian Museums / National Mall (10-20 mins walk) and The Capitol (10-15 mins walk). Another plus is they have free social dinner every Monday to Wednesday... I must tell you that the food is sooo good!!! I must thank Loida, a Filipina staff who was very nice to us and gave us tips on our stay there. Also the FnB staff, they are also very nice to us. However, I must ask the front desk staff to give the visitors a warm smile, I almost didn't see them smiling everytime I pass by the reception area. Although, the male staff in the front desk whose name starts with F, was very friendly and was very accommodating. Overall, I will definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again on our next DC trip.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Cottage Grove, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Our daughter, her 11 year old and her 9 year old traveled with my wife and I to Washington DC. We stayed at the Residence Inn DC/Capitol. We had a two bedroom suite with two bathrooms which was perfect. Huge buffet breakfast each morning and 3 nightly buffets. Staff was exceptional. Very helpful--good suggestions. The Metro was only a block and a half away. Perfect for getting all over town. The kids enjoyed the pool and we enjoyed the hot tub. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to DC.

Room Tip: We were on the 8th floor ---suite was wonderful. We would stay there again.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I decided to take a nap during the day because I was very tired. I put up the do not disturb tag and went to bed, but I noticed a cell phone had been left in the room. I suspected that an employee had left it in the room while cleaning. No matter, I would return it when I wake up. While I was sleeping, i heard knocks at the door. The do not disturb tag was on the door, and I wanted to sleep so I ignored it.

Later I got a call to the phone in the room. Since I was tired I ignored it. Later, I heard more knocks on the door. As I was tired, I continued to ignore the knocks at the door. I kept trying to sleep until I heard my locked door with the do not disturb tag on the handle begin to open! I had to say "Please don't come in, I am trying to sleep!" I was asked if they had found a cell phone, at which point I handed the phone through the crack in the door.
I was very disturbed how the employees would disrespect my privacy in such a manner.

This was quite the issue for me. While I was alone merely taking a nap, the employee did not know that. Who knows what I could have been doing.

However, in spite of this isolated incident, the stay was enjoyable. My room on the third floor was tastefully done, had a comfortable bed, a small kitchenette with lower end appliances, and a nice TV. Breakfast is served everyday until 10, and the food is quite good. However, parking is very, very expensive. If you want to park in their garage, it is $42 PER DAY.

But overall I would reccomend this place, it is quite good for what I spent.

Stayed August 2014
William A, Manager at Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Hello Phillip,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our hotel. I am extremely sorry for the disturbance you experienced in your room. That is something that should not happen to any guest. I will certainly communicate this to our Executive Housekeeper.

I am relieved, that we were able to recover with your overall stay. Thank you for the recommendation. We hope to have you back with us in the near future.

Best,

William A.
Chelsea, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We recently visited Washington DC to see a game at FedEx Field in Maryland, and take advantage of the many, many free attractions of the Smithsonian and surrounding sites. The Residence Inn was the perfect location. For families traveling together, the suite layout with kitchen makes things very convenient and not as cramped as a traditional hotel room, and the breakfast that is included in the price is extensive and tasty. The beds were comfortable, the room clean, and the bathroom well appointed. The hotel is located very close to the Federal Center SW Metro stop, so we had easy access to the airport and to get out to FedEx Field on the Blue Line. It's a 3 block walk to the National Mall. The neighborhood is very quiet at night, so you'll need to dine out for dinner in an nearby neighborhood, but there were several good lunch spots on the same block as the hotel. They were doing some plumbing work and we were without water for an afternoon or I would have rated this 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Livonia, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

I booked with Residence Inn in early March for travel in mid-August. I received an email a week before my travel telling me that the hotel was "overbooked" & my reservation was canceled, with the suggestion that I "seek other accommodations in the area". Very unprofessional & I won't be staying with any Marriott hotel again given this ridiculously poor customer service.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
William A, Manager at Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Dear traveler,

I am troubled to hear your account of how your reservation was handled. That is not the manner in which we treat our guests, and I can certainly understand your frustration and disappointment. If you would be willing, I would like to get more information on this issue so that I may look into it further. All of our potential guests expect and deserve a level of service that they've come to expect from Marriott hotels. I would love to speak to you personally on this matter, please call the hotel at your convenience so that we may discuss.

Kindly,

William A.
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

First, this Residence Inn/Marriott does upgrade Elite members without asking. I was upgraded from a queen studio to a two bedroom suite. THANK YOU RESIDENCE INN WASHINGTON DC!

I had to go see Congress the other day and stayed in the Residence Inn. It is within walking distance of Rayburn, etc. The hotel has parking under the building and the elevator goes from the garage straight to the room floors. It's like room to parking. It was great. The front staff is great. They thanked me for being a Marriott Elite member and as I mentioned they upgraded me without asking. The front desk clerk, I cannot remember his name but he was a very big guy was very professional and helped me get checked in and parked. Zero hassle getting into this hotel in busy DC. I was able to keep my car in their parking lot the entire day that I was at Congress so I did not have to search for parking. The room was nice. It had a full kitchen and all of the drawers were stocked with everything you would need to live there. Water pressure was good and I had no problems with the room. The pillows were very comfortable and so was the bed. If I ever have to go back to DC this will be my go to hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Stayed with family for 1st trip to dc. The hotel was a good experience from the start. The staff was friendly and helpful. We were perplexed by the parking entry at first, but the front desk guy helped us out immediately on request. The shower diverter valve was not working, but a call to the desk had it fixed in 20 minutes. The room was very clean and spacious. The breakfast was great and the one complimentary dinner we had was not fine dining, but was very delicious and well done. The location is perfect for seeing the sights. I would choose this hotel when I come back to DC.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol? Share your experiences!