We visited this hotel over spring vacation, and we were not disappointed. The hotel is about a 5 min walk to the mall which made it vey convenient for touring the Capitol and museums.
The rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable. We were in a corner room on the 7th floor overlooking the train tracks, yet the room was nice and quiet. We hardly heard the train pass by. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast in the morning was crowded because of school break, but they made room by opening up the adjoining banquet room, and they worked hard to promptly clean and clear the tables. They served fruit, yogurt, eggs, sausages/ham, muffins and make your own waffles. It was more than adequate. We had dinner there one evening- pulled pork sandwiches with coleslaw and sweet corn- which was very good.
One word of advice if you are touring- wear good shoes. We must have walked 20 miles over the course of our three day visit. Even though I consider us a very active family, we were all exhausted upon returning to the hotel. When planning the trip, we debated taking a (free) walking tour but decided on a bike tour instead on day 3- the best decision of the trip! The tour was fun and informative, and most of all, we did not have to walk- definitely worth the price!
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Capitol Hotel
- Residence Inn Washington, Dc/Capitol Hotel Washington Dc
- Residence Inn Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Residence Inn
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Residence Inn Washington, DC/Capitol reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.