“Great hotel with free breakfast and great location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #41 of 135 Hotels in Washington DC
Levittown, New York
“Great hotel with free breakfast and great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This hotel was flawless. Walking distance to Capitol Building. Free buffet breakfast. Pool and fitness center. Free cookies at check in. Fantastic clean rooms with comfortable beds and a great bathroom. Overall a great experience and highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I'm one of those people who immediately rips the beds apart upon arrival and I have to say, of all the hotels I've ever slept in, this one has by far the cleanest beds I've ever seen! I love that they don't have the horrid unwashed bedspread that most places in this price range still use; everything is washable.
Not everything is perfect. Staying in a 2 bedroom suite with children, we had to remove the decorative glass top off of the room's foyer table since one bump would send it sliding across the table surface (the same can be seen in the lobby tables). There are a few scratches and dents here and there, but these small things are easily made up for in the convenient location (metro stations are very close), spacious rooms, clean beds, and amenities.
The pool is rather dinky (best left to the kids to enjoy), but the workout room next to it is top notch. Breakfast was typical Residence Inn fare, but it's not bad. Staff was courteous as always (I've never run into a surly Residence Inn staff member), although the concierge seemed to be trying hard to sell us on a few restaurants and a specific livery service. I found the touchscreen information center in the lobby more useful than the concierge.
Hotel parking was easy, but somewhat expensive. I suppose that's to be expected in the middle of a city though. Security was good; the lobby is laid out so that all visitors must pass the front desk, and key cards must be used to activate the elevator.
All in all, we had a very comfortable and relaxing two night stay at this Residence Inn. The super clean beds were my most favorite feature.

Room Tip: I forget which floor it's on - 2, I think - but avoid getting a room on the floor on which the p...
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My wife and I, along with our two kids (ages 12 and 9), visited DC a few days after the fourth of July. We chose this hotel since it is close to DC attractions and offers suites with a full kitchen (two stove-top burners, a microwave, sink, full size fridge and small dishwasher). This is more than a convenience for us since two of us have gluten intolerance. Since the hotel is conveniently located, we were able to walk to the Federal Center metro (just around the corner) or walk directly to the Air and Space museum (5-7 minute walk). The museum is one of the stops on the Old Town Trolley tour which we used on two of the four days we were there. The hotel staff is friendly and helpful. The only gripes I have are 1) the lack of hot water when taking a shower (lukewarm), and 2) my wife thought the bed was not that comfortable. Also: if you bring a large vehicle (e.g. minivan) you will have to be very careful getting into and out of the parking garage (~$34 a day fee). Due to our food allergy we did not take advantage of the free breakfast or dinner (on certain days).

Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Four of us came to DC for the week of July 4th. We have 2 children, a 6 year old and a 10 year old. This is a good choice for families because you get some extra space, not just a square room with a bed. We liked the full size refrigerator to put all our drinks. The stove is small but we did not cook. It was too hot in DC. The breakfast buffet that is included every morning is a hit with the kids but being that it was a holiday week - it was extremely crowded and chaotic during breakfast time. At one point they ran out of coffee and they were not to in a hurry to replace it. They also have a light,basic dinner Mon-Wed that we took advantage of also. Also very busy. The service at the hotel was just OK. I think they could be a little friendlier and a little more helpful. But again, it was a very busy week for them.
This hotel is in a great location to tour the sites. This hotel is close to the Metro station and a short walk to the Mall. We chose this hotel in part because we had a short walk from the fireworks back to our hotel on July 4th. I also read other reviews and thought that there were no places to eat around here. Well there are plenty of casual, family friendly places I think. Next door is a decent pizza place that is open very late at night. McDonald's and Starbucks are a short walk away. Also it is easy to hop on the Metro and go a few short stops to some very good restaurants if you want something fancier.

Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Great, clean hotel. Staff was very nice and took care of you. They have a nice breakfast and 3 nights a week a managers happy hour serving food. I am here for work, but a lot of families and kids also. Metro is close, as well as the mall.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Naples, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We stayed here for 2 weeks during June and had a great room. There are 6 in our family - 2 adults and 4 kids (ages ranged from 1 to 9). We booked a two bedroom suite and had ample room (the two bedrooms each had queen beds and there was a pullout sleeper sofa in the living room. The carpet was vacuum but still looked worn and had stains on it. The walls and furnishings were all clean and the beds were very comfy.

It was nice to have a kitchen to do a little cooking. The social dinner Monday-Wednesday was ok - but don't expect to get fed a gourmet meal (hotdogs, chips, crackers, burgers, chicken, etc). The breakfast is included in the room rate; it's ok but again, nothing spectacular.

There are a few eating establishments close by, the closest being the pizza place right by the main entrance to the hotel. There is also a subway close by (closes at 7pm and closed on the weekends). You'll find that most eating places here cater to the business crowd - they are open during normal business hours (closed after lunch and not open on the weekends).

Internet was fast and free. No complaints.

Parking was not free (as most reviewers have commented). Unfortunately, we just have to suck it up. You can get cheaper parking (either by using the garage next to the hotel or by parking on the street during the free times and then moving your car around (a real hassle)). -- If you do park in the garage, keep in mind that spaces fill up quick on the weekends (starting around the late afternoon); but they start to open up again on Sunday evening.

We used the laundry room; machines were clean; a load (washer and dryer) runs about $2.00.

The kids loved the pool and hot tub. There were days when the hot tub was barely as warm as a bathtub and days when the hottub was near boiling (or so it seemed). Either way, it was a nice change from the cool pool.

The location was very convenient for our family; I had a conference so the wife was able to walk the kids to The Mall and all the museums (about a 10 minute walk (keep in mind these are small kids walking)).

All in all we enjoyed our stay. We will likely return to this hotel at some future stay in the DC area as it was one of the only hotels that comfortable (and affordably) sleeps 6 people.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I stayed at the Residence in March this year (2012) and thought it was great!

When I arrived my booking agency had made a mistake and had booked me in from the following night, meaning I had no booking for my arrival night. After a long haul flight, this was far from what I needed. However the staff were great, rang the booking agency in the UK, and managed to sort me a room thankfully.

The hotel doesn't look that great from the outside but I had a really big suite with a living room/kitchen which was really appreciated for a week-long stay. There's no restaurant but a host of takeaway menus, and actually this was perfect when I needed a chill out evening with pizza and TV as I was on a working trip.

Breakfast was great! Being from the UK I'm not used to those waffle makers and I was hooked from day one. I found the supplies always to be available, and had no complaints whatsoever. The staff at breakfast were really friendly, always with a welcoming word no matter how busy it was.

It was well within walking distance of most sights and lots of restaurants nearby, so I found it just what I needed. Thanks all!

Room Tip: I had a room with a balcony overlooking Thomas Circle Park which was great for people watching with...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business