That was just one thing that caught me off guard - the lack of a parking lot, requiring me to unknowingly spend more than I had planned. Luckily it was only for a few days. Chalk one up for not reading the fine print (if there were). I should have assumed due to the location that parking would be scarce, right in Chinatown. We stayed there from June 6-9. The rooms were indeed nice for $239 a night price tag Wed and Thur night. Friday night went down to $139. Beds were queen size, plush with lots of pillows. AIr conditioning was great- I really needed that. Large room, large bathroom with marble counter.The view overlooked Chinatown. The people were friendly, the complimentary breakfast was excellent with hot eggs and sausage. Customer service was good. I called in for toiletries and they promptly brought it up. Location was everything. 2 blocks from the D.C. Chinatown Metro station and Chinatown itself, with lots of shops and restaurants. Go eat at Tony Cheng's Seafood Restaurant, best in D.C. and de-lish. I recommend the salted fish and diced chicken fried rice. Doesn't sound good but just try it! A staple of Cantonese cuisine. We couldn't ask for a better location. Just know that it won't be cheap, but hey this is the northeast and nothing is cheap. All in all, one of the best places you could stay at in D.C. It would be 5 stars if not for the unexpected lack of parking spot/valet price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, getaroom.com, BookIt.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn