“Great stay - just be prepared to pay for required valet parking $25.00 a day!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 6th Street NW, at Massachusetts Avenue Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2x Points
Ranked #52 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Texas
“Great stay - just be prepared to pay for required valet parking $25.00 a day!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2007

That was just one thing that caught me off guard - the lack of a parking lot, requiring me to unknowingly spend more than I had planned. Luckily it was only for a few days. Chalk one up for not reading the fine print (if there were). I should have assumed due to the location that parking would be scarce, right in Chinatown. We stayed there from June 6-9. The rooms were indeed nice for $239 a night price tag Wed and Thur night. Friday night went down to $139. Beds were queen size, plush with lots of pillows. AIr conditioning was great- I really needed that. Large room, large bathroom with marble counter.The view overlooked Chinatown. The people were friendly, the complimentary breakfast was excellent with hot eggs and sausage. Customer service was good. I called in for toiletries and they promptly brought it up. Location was everything. 2 blocks from the D.C. Chinatown Metro station and Chinatown itself, with lots of shops and restaurants. Go eat at Tony Cheng's Seafood Restaurant, best in D.C. and de-lish. I recommend the salted fish and diced chicken fried rice. Doesn't sound good but just try it! A staple of Cantonese cuisine. We couldn't ask for a better location. Just know that it won't be cheap, but hey this is the northeast and nothing is cheap. All in all, one of the best places you could stay at in D.C. It would be 5 stars if not for the unexpected lack of parking spot/valet price.

Stayed June 2007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2007

This is the nicest Hampton Inn that I have ever stayed in. The rooms had an city trendy feel to them, large rooms for a "city" hotel. Very comfortable beds! Very clean. Large bathroom with granite counter tops, nice toiletries, laptop desk., nice touch. I was pleasantly surprized. I was extremely impressed with the hotel and room...can not go wrong, especially when paying top dollar in this very expensive city.

Entire hotel was wireless....free access, the front desk gives you the code to wireless system. I actually had decent speed , no troubling accessing their network.

Breakfast was more than a typical continetal. They had eggs, waffles, sausage, cinnimon biskets, plus the usual yogurts, breads, begals, ect. Not bad!

My only complainant was that my room was not ready upon check in and I had to wait 40 minutes. This was over Memorial Day weekend, so the hotel was extremely busy, I will cut them a break.

The location was very easy to walk to the National Mall, nice feature. The hotel is practically adjacent to Chinatown, which is an older section of town, a touch run down, but I felt fairly safe walking through the surrounding area to get to the Mall and Penns. Ave.

I would absolutely stay there again. 2 thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
danville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2007

My family of two adults and two teenagers just spent two nights at the Hampton Inn Convention Center Washington DC. At first we thought the area was "iffy" - but far from that. The "fantastic" Washington metro was within 2 blocks - Great eateries on 7th street - 2 blocks. We took the metro to an evening Nationals game and the area was fine when we got off the metro and the walk back to the hotel. Hotel staff was exceptional - as always! I had forgotten my book in our auto - the valet was so nice - I asked if I could get to my vehicle to retrieve book - he said "no" but he would go and get. He brought the car around and I was so embarrassed as I hadn't brought any tip money with me. He was very gracious and the next day I made sure I gave him a tip - he just grinned! Would recommend this hotel and will stay there on our next trip to DC.

• Liked — location/staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
VT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

We've now stayed at this Hampton Inn twice. First time, we were in a corner suite, and it was magnificent. Absolutely the best value in DC I have ever found - and I stay there frequently. The room we had this time was quite adequate but not the stunning value of the suite. The decor is very up-scale for a "budget" range hotel. The rooms have refrigerators and microwaves and decent coffee makers.
The hotel is relatively new and in a convenient location for me. The staff is very helpful and efficient. No bar or restaurant, but there are plenty of stores and restaurants (particularly Chinese) nearby.
We have stayed when it was quite full and with a high school group at that! The staff was quite good about getting them settled. The complimentary breakfast buffet is decent but can be something of a madhouse. Again, the staff does a great job of keeping things under control.
I would stay here again any time it's available for its location and the value.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — Crowd at breakfast
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

I stayed there for 4 nights during spring breck in March with my son and his family (3 school age children). The staff was very helpful , the rooms were very clean and the beds were very comfortable. The breckfast buffett was convenient with a variety to breckfast foods to choose from. Apples and bananas were available throught the day. We had no problems with the hotel itself, just be watchful as you travel to the Metro and back. As it starts getting dark the locals start coming out just as in any large city. There was always a lot of people about so we always felt self but we didn't get out after dark. There is a CVS pharmacy across from the Metro station where you can get snacks, sodas and microwavable foods, ect. If you ride the Metro from National Airport be sure to get off at the Gallery Place-Chineatown exit and not Mt Vernon Sq. We had a great time in DC and it was so nice to have a nice bed to fall into after a day of sightseeing.

• Liked — THe comfortable bedding and the convient breckfast.
  • Disliked — It would have been nice to have a restaurant on site.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
North of NYC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2007

It has been over a month since I had the pleasure of staying at this Hampton Inn. From the start the hotel staff far exceeded my expectations with their courtesy, helpfulness, and with appropriate negotiation their willingness to meet my requirements. Despite its location at the busy corner of Mass Ave and 6th St NW I found my room to be quiet. I actually recommend a room on the corner for the city views. The room was spacious, clean and well appointed. It was particularly cold while I was there and I found the room temperature comfortable and easy to control. The lobby was an inviting place to partake of the tasty breakfasts. The neighborhood around the convention center is a bit desolate but cabs are plentiful and the Metro is a five minute walk toward Chinatown.

• Liked — Front desk staff. City view.
  • Disliked — The relatively distress neighborhood.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center? Share your experiences!