My family of 4 stayed at the Hampton in July 2014 for 6 nights. We arrived at Dulles airport and took the 5A Metro Bus to L'Enfant Plaza Station ($7). From there we bought a SmarTrip pass and took the Metro train to Gallery Place Station. After exiting the station we walked approximately 3 blocks to get to the Hampton. To our surprise we were able to check in even though it was 9:30 AM. Check-in was very smooth and we received a room with 2 queen beds on the 8th floor. The room was clean, well laid out, and in very good condition. Beds were firm and each bed had 4 pillows. The room had a mini-refrigerator, a safe, a functioning clock radio, and I believe a 32" TV. Closet size was adequate and there was a dresser and medium sized desk. The bathroom was large and the vanity had plenty of counter space. The shower and toilet operated without any issues. The AC was a bit noisy but functioned flawlessly. Wifi was easy to connect to and the speed was excellent. The complementary breakfast buffet consisted of 3 rotating primary breakfast items each day and standard juices, fruits, waffles, bagels, danish, yogurt, and cereals. All were good and an excellent way to start off the day. Freshly baked cookies are also available Monday-Thursday evenings at the lobby main desk. Housekeeping and hotel staff were pleasant and friendly. The proximity of the hotel to the Metro Station made it very easy to get around DC. The hotel is within walking distance to attractions like the Spy Museum, Ford's Theater and the White House and there are also many restaurants in the vicinity, including the ones in Chinatown if you want to go somewhere close after a tiring day of sightseeing.
Overall, I would say the Hampton is a very nice hotel. The only negative, if there is one, is the surrounding neighborhood. The park across the street from the hotel and the streets adjacent to the metro station can be a bit intimidating at times.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn