“Just wonderful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center

You added Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 6th Street NW, at Massachusetts Avenue Northwest, Washington DC, DC 20001 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Stay 3 Nights
Ranked #45 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersSilver level
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
“Just wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We just spent 3 nights in this hotel and were so very pleased- great location- we could walk to all of the places we wanted to go to- the Mall, especially. We were very close to China town and went to a great restaurant there- just a couple of blocks away- and the subway is right there too. Free lovely breakfast everyday and the indoor swimming pool made our trip with our kids so easy and enjoyable. All of the staff were great and our rooms were comfortable and clean and very well attended each day. We love Hampton Inn- we can always count on them to keep the important things perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jim K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear Molly P,

Thank you for the great review of the Hampton Inn Washington DC Downtown Convention Center. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the clean rooms, complimentary breakfast each morning, and most of all our staff. If you are traveling to Washington again we hope you choose Hampton.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

A friend and I were in DC for the Rock and Roll Marathon and I used HHonors points to book this hotel. We were very pleased with the hotel due to the proximity to the race and cleanliness of the rooms. I gave it an "average" rating because it is walking distance (around a mile) from many historical attractions but fewer within the 1/4 vicinity. It appears there is a good bit of development underway near by and China Town is very close as well. The hotel hosts a decent complimentary breakfast and provides free coffee/tea 24hrs a day. The staff is friendly and helpful. This hotel is far from luxurious but provides all of the essentials at a reasonable price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Dannelle S,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Washington DC Downtown Convention Center. I am glad you were very pleased with the promiximity to the race you were attending and the cleanliness of the rooms. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel twice. I had a meeting in College Park and there wasn't any hotels/restaurants near it so I decided to stay in Chinatown and take the metro out. I am very pleased with that decision. This hotel is clean and the staff very friendly. Probably some of the best night's sleep I've had while staying in DC. I ate breakfast super early and only cereal so can't comment on anything else. They even have a bar open for a couple of hours during weeknights. My colleagues got a couple of beers there.

Room Tip: My room was on a lower floor near the ice machine. I thought it ended up being pretty quiet at least...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jim K, General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear treinke,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Washington DC Downtown. I am happy to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness, the beds,the Lobby Bar, and our staff. Our bar is open 7 days a week from 5pm - 11pm with Happy Hour specials from 5p-7p. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Pocatello, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I have stayed here several times and it is one of my favorites to stay at in DC. Close to all of the touristy things and subways. Excellent breakfasts in the mornings and the staff is always extremely helpful and knowledgeable.

Dear Jeff H,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Washington Downtown Convention Center. I am very glad to read this hotel is one of your favorites to stay at in DC. I am happy to see you enjoyed the breakfast, location, and staff. Thank you for choosing Hampton and we look forward to seeing you again.
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The location is good; just a hair north of Chinatown and all the touristy things in down-town DC. So that's nice.

As a business hotel this place is very basic though almost to the level of unacceptable. There are almost no amenities for an international business traveller a long way from home. I had to go shopping for even the minimum supplies. That's OK for a holiday trip with family but not when on a busy schedule, then that's annoying.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Hallunder,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Washington DC Convention Center. I am sorry to hear that we did not have the supplies needed for your stay with us. Please accept our apologies. We will provide more things in our gift shop for the international traveler. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed here with a friend and it was my second time to Washington. Last time I stayed in another area of Washington, this area wasn't as nice and not a great area to walk alone at night but the hotel itself was fine. Breakfast was typical Hampton Inn Style and that is fine by me, choice and freshness was wonderful. The room itself was clean and spacious and so was the bathroom. I had an illness while there and had to call a doctor in and the staff were so friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to assist. It is scary being sick in another country so I am thankful for their help. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear, AussieBenean,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Washington DC Downtown. I am sorry to hear you were ill while visiting Washington. It makes me very proud of the staff that they took great care of you and made you feel comfortable. I will share your comments with the whole team. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Perfect location for convention center, Chinatown, and Verizon Center. Room was well appointed and immaculate. Free breakfast and on-site lounge,with breakfast in bags to go if you are in a hurry. Entire staff from front desk to valet were Outstanding.

Dear M D,

Thank you for your review of the Hampton Inn Washington Downtown Convention Center. I am happy to see you enjoyed the room, cleanliness, and service from all of our staff. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Been to Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center? Share your experiences!