I spent three nights at this hotel while attending training for business. I found the staff pleasant and the amenities above average for the price.
I arrived in DC by train and walked to the hotel from Union Station -- a bit of a hike that I would not make after dark. But I was just back in the US after more than a week in Europe, so the exercise felt good after long air and train rides.
Check-in went smoothly and I was soon settled in my room with a king bed, internet, a large clean bathroom, and a mini fridge. I tried out the pool but found it too small to really swim in. I did enjoy a short soak in the hot tub. Even late on a Sunday evening there were plenty of clean towels in the pool area.
Throughout my stay I received daily newspapers and enjoyed the typical hearty breakfast. The hotel was busy, but the staff kept the serving and dining areas stocked and tidy. Another nice offering at Hampton Inn's is their "to go" breakfasts -- pre packaged and waiting at the concierge desk. I've never taken one, but I appreciate the option. I'm sure it's more cost effective for the hotel then seeing guests stuff food from the buffet into their bags. When I came in after dinnner in the evening there were always fresh baked cookies at the front desk -- an unexpected nice touch.
The hotel is close to China Town and its strip of restaurants and stores. I even walked from my training site on Third Street to the Mall, along it for a stretch, then back up past the Verizon center to the hotel one evening. So although the hotel is on the northern side of the city, it's very convenient for the main attractions.
It's not a resort by any stretch, but the accommodations and location are certainly a good value for the price in a typically expensive city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 13 story hotel offers 228 rooms/suites complemented by public facilities which include a newly renovated lobby and breakfast area, a new bar, as well as a business center, guest laundry facility, suite shop, fitness center, meeting rooms, indoor pool with spa and valet parking garage. Each guestroom is finely appointed in a contemporary design with upscale touches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, BookIt.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Washington, Dc Hotel Washington Dc
- Washington Dc Hampton Inn