“Worst service in America” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Mourayo

Mourayo
1732 Connecticut Ave NW, Ste 100, Washington DC, DC 20009-1159 (Dupont Circle)
202-667-2100
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Mourayo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #140 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: S Street
Transit: RED line metro stop(Dupont Circle, Q street exit)
washington dc
“Worst service in America”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2008

The service here was awful. When we first came we were told to wait outside because the door being open was causing a draft. After finally being seated we waited another hour and a half for our food. Expecting perfection after waiting so long, we were very dissapointed with the severly undercooked "medium-well" filet mignon. The manager and waitor both acknowledged that it was very undercooked and sent it back. However, after waiting twenty minutes for the next one, we were once again dissapointed to see that it was undercooked. We asked to speak to the manager, who made us wait fifteen minutes before coming over. He told us that since they brought us food, even though it was not right he would not take it off of the check. After blatantly insulting us many times and telling us how they had been rated well by the "Washingtonian", he finally took it off the check but told us we should feel guilty. The waitor then chased us when we did not leave a tip for the awful service we got. If you want good service, I would recommend McDonald's before Mourayo.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Excellent food all the time. the fish baked in salt ROCKS!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2008

Excellent food all the time. the fish baked in salt ROCKS!

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“good but pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2007

good but pricey

“Interesting menu, decent...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2007

Interesting menu, decent wine list, terrible decor and uniforms on waiters.

Manassas, VA
“Great food, decor, perplexing service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2007

First, the food was spectacular and the wine enchanting. Too bad I was so oddly treated. I am a middle aged woman and was left wondering, am I invisible? I arrived first and was shown our table then ignored. In fact the waiter put a dirty glass from another table on my table as I sat there! (when I mentioned it I got a perfunctory apology.) When my husband then my son arrived they were greeted and their coats were taken. Mine was on the back of my chair so I handed it over as well at that point. The waiter knew the wine list and was very solicitous to my husband. As usual, my husband ordered a fine bottle. Then came the last odd thing: the waiter never refilled my glass even though it was empty. He would keep an eye on my husbands, fill his and walk off. My husband shrugged and filled mine. I can't account for it. At first I thought the waiter was new or busy or both, but he later exhibited a proprietary air so I thought that wasn't it. What accounts for his studied neglect? I'm going to stop wondering and eat somewhere else.