“Good Management and Great Chef” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Poste Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #610 of 2,700 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: F Street
Transit: Metro – Gallery Place
Description: Poste will delight your senses with mouthwatering dishes and an award-winning wine list, in an atmosphere like nowhere else. Chef Dennis Marron serves up modern American Brasserie cuisine emphasizing fresh, local, and organic ingredients...even as local as our backyard! Whether you are enjoying a hand crafted cocktail on our outdoor patio, joining the happy hour crowd in our lively bar area, or cozying up in one of our booths on a winter evening, Poste is sure to have something to fit any occasion.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Management and Great Chef”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Good service and food that you cannot complain about. Andrew Carlson and his staff are kind and good at their jobs of hospitality. Dennis Marron the Executive Chef has never served me a bad meal

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Pacifica, California
“Pleasant meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Joined friend and their two young boys for a relaxed evening meal. Children's grilled cheese sandwiches beautifully prepared and served with lightly cooked vegetables, a big improvement over the usual children's fare. My own mussels were less impressive by being a bit overcooked. Wine list by the glass was adequate but they were out if my first selection. Nonetheless, the friendly service made up for any shortcomings. Dining companion's steak frites looked good, as did his wife's tuna nicoise. But the root vegetables were the stars of the show!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“The place to be and be seen.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Kimpton hotels pride themselves on quality service and Poste, is no exception. The servers and managers are very customer oriented. Our first visit was late on a Friday night. The restaurant was closed and just the bar was open. My wife and I had driven all afternoon to get to DC and were hungry and tired.....we wanted a drink and a quick bite to eat. Our waitress, Sarah, told the manager, Sean, and ten minutes later he brought us something to eat, not just a snack but a meal. We really appreciated that! And he didn't charge us for the food!
Thanks Sarah and Sean. Best service ever!!!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Easton, MD, USA
“Great restaurant in a great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Great food across the board. Try the fish dishes and cookie and jam tray for dessert! You always need a reservation. Service a little slow.

Visited April 2013
Den Haag
“Proven: the most delish specialty burger in the world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Ok, I have been here twice over the span of a year, the first time, I had the Onion soup Burger and frankly.... I dreamed about it for a whole year. I came back, finally! It is really just so good there are no words.
Having said that,never though I have never had any of their other food it all looks and smells amazing, it reminds me of nice French or Belgian restaurant the Steak Frits looks the most appealing... Only after yummy yummy mussels!!! But this burger just blows my mind soooooo if I were in a position to go to Poste every night I would probably get this burger... Every freeking day!

Mixed drinks are also very tantalizing and yummy!

Visited April 2013