“Food great, service a bit impersonal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sette Osteria

Sette Osteria
1666 Connecticut Ave NW, Washington DC, DC 20009-1039 (Dupont Circle)
202-483-3070
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Sette Osteria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #597 of 2,498 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Connecticut avenue and R street
Transit: Red Line Dupont Circle stop; exit onto Q street (north end of station) and walk one block north on west side of Connecticut to Sette Osteria. We are on the southwest corner of Connecticut Avenue and R Street, two blocks north of Dupont Circle (formerly the location of the Janus movie theaters). Sette Osteria next to G-Star/ Benetton.
Wolverhampton
“Food great, service a bit impersonal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had lasagne, ravioli filled with amaretto and pumpkin, seafood linguine and a pizza and without exception, all dishes were tops. Waiter not unpleasant but in all service personnel somewhat found lacking. Would go again simply for the food though.

Visited October 2012

New Delhi, India
“Mixed experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We dropped in here after a long day walking the National Mall.. We were promptly seated, but saw many people waiting after 7:30-8:00.. The menu was full sized, and the wine section good.. We finally had the Melanzane Alla Parmigiana for my wife and Pollo Alla Parmigiana for me.. I made the mistake of ordering a carafe of wine (I couldn't finish it alone!!).. My wife found her dish too cheesy while I found my dish quite good.. Did have to remove the thick layer of cheese at the halfway point in favour of the chicken.. My experience was good, while my wife was average..

I think the Osteria wasn't to blame.. It was more our luck in ordering from the menu, and the relatively less choices for a vegetarian?!

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wilsonville, Oregon
“Great food, friendly professional service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 via mobile

Would I go back again? Yes, without a doubt! Ordered primarily from the daily specials menu. Everything was cooked perfectly with fresh flavors. Servers come from a diverse ethic collection of people, but were friendly, gracious, and helpful. Two thumbs up!!!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
US
“Lovely food and staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This is a great italian place that serves fresh food with a staff that is always friendly and knowledgeable. It is in the Embassy area off of Dupont Circle -- easy to get to. Every time we went (which was often) they managed to find us a table, even without a reservation.

Visited September 2012
Canberra, Australia
“Somewhat dissapointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

Modern Mediterranean-style food and decor, set on a corner with good views of the streetscape. I had the fixed price menu which seemed to promise good value. The entre of eggplant neapolitan was nicely presented and had good textures but lacked depth of flavour. The waiter messed up my order for mains and my pollo arrosto arrived well after my dinner companions had finished their meal. It was overcooked, dry and also wanted for flavour. The crème brulee was nice however. Noise levels were sufficiently high to make conversation a little difficult at times. Overall somewhat disappointing.

• Visited August 2012