“Excellent place in Georgetown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Martin's Tavern

Martin's Tavern
1264 Wisconsin Ave. NW, Washington DC, DC 20007-3238 (Georgetown)
202-333-7370
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Description: At Martin's Tavern, every sitting president from Truman to G.W. Bush has dined. Ask your server to point out the booth where JFK proposed to Jackie.
Senlis
“Excellent place in Georgetown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Crab cakes and angus steaks are excellent. Efficient staff and fast service. A pity that the room is too small and a bit crowdy and noisy. I recommend.

Visited October 2013

79% Recommend
sao paulo, brazil
“Great restaurant in Georgetown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

We had lunch at this restaurant after a day visiting Georgetown. The meal was excellent, we ordered the meatloaf (delicious!), onion soup, crab cakes and a steak. We sat at he the JFK booth, the exact place where he proposed to jackie, so also very interesting. The staff was really nice, and it was not expensive, so I definitely recommend it! Five stars.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice Place with Okay Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This place is nice and in a nice location. We ate on a busy Friday evening. The staff was friendly and helpful, but the food was only 'okay.' I had the meatloaf and my wife had the Yankee pot roast. The quality was a little below Cracker Barrel or Bob Evans.

Visited October 2013
Massachusetts
“Old favorite still good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I used to eat at Martin's often when I worked in Georgetown some years ago. On a recent return visit to Washington, I had lunch there with my husband. We were pleased to find that the atmosphere hadn't changed. The crab cakes were still excellent and the fries and coleslaw were updated and better than before. Service was attentive and good. It was great to be back and we look forward to a return visit next time we're in town.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Longmont, Colorado
“Neat place, ok food ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Yes, we enjoyed our meal. But the actual food was just all right. If I went again, I would stick to a burger or try a steak. For the price, I didn't think the crab cakes were that fabulous. I do understand the feel of history and nostalgia, but I'm sure there has to be better platters of food in the area. I hear brunch is great.