“Interesting place in the Eastern Market” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Tortilla Cafe

Tortilla Cafe
210 7th St SE, Ste 100, Washington DC, DC 20003-4300 (Capitol Hill)
202-547-5700
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish, Salvadoran, South American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Norwalk, Iowa, United States
“Interesting place in the Eastern Market”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I had one of their specialties and really enjoyed. I can't remember what it is called but it's kind of a stuffed tortilla with cheese and pork. My wife had a chicken wrap and it was so so. The chicken was pretty dry.

Visited September 2013

Little Rock, Arkansas
“Great food and in a great area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were turned on to this place by the food network; it is a great "diner/dive". We had the pupusa platter, chicken tamale, and seafood tacos.

We liked the pupusa's but I don't have anything to compare to. The tamale, was one of the best we have had anywhere. The masa was lite and didn't overwhelm the spices or flavor. The taco's were simple but good; All of that for $20.... can't beat it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London
“Delicious food, excellent prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were visiting Eastern Market and having previously seen this on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives we thought we'd give it a go. And it was really worth it. The food was excellent, the prices were super cheap and the staff were very welcoming. If we lived locally, we would visit regularly. And we hope to visit on our next trip to the area to try out the Salvadorean menu the next time.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Went to Tortilla Cafe on a recent trip to D.C. after seeing it highlighted on an episode of Diners, Drive Ins and Dives. If you like Mexican and/or Salvadoran food and want a delicious meal that won't bust your budget you have to stop here.
I ordered the Chicken Burrito platter and it was honestly the best burrito I've ever had, by far. I also had a side of plantains which were top notch. Since I was there I had to try a pork and cheese pupusa for the first time and I was not disappointed. Get one as an appetizer or a side or platter-just try it! My wife ordered the shrimp fajitas and she is still raving about it.
Its all about great food at great prices away from the downtown tourist traps.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Los Angeles, California
“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I found this place on Yelp and decided to seek it out. It's a little hole-in-the wall in a neighborhood you probably wouldn't know existed if you're a tourist. It's kind of unassuming, but the food is delicious. I definitely recommend this place if you're looking for a place to eat in DC.

• Visited August 2013