“Always Love Amy's” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast
Highland, Maryland
“Always Love Amy's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Whenever I have an excuse to go Two Amy's I do. Situated on Macomb Street in NW just down the street from the Cathedral this is a great place. The pizza is great, the draft beer selection always interesting and the service is ridiculous.
Today we went to the National Zoo, which was an 80 degree Sunday,Cherry blossom, mad house. We walked to Amys which was an oasis of calm. One can sit outdoors but we were kind of hot and hungry, so we sat inside and got two pizzas and a salad along with some nice draft micro-brew.
We were served drinks and salad in maybe 6 minutes and the pizza was along in another 10 minutes max.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Overrated and super salty”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Of course I had to try and was disappointed. I ordered the pizza and they are definitely overrated, overpriced and the anchovy pizza is too salty, barely edible. Go to Pete's New Haven down the street!

Birmingham, Alabama
“Stellar pizza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We went for lunch on our last day in DC before flying out and are so glad that we did! The pizza was divine - both kids and adults devoured. While we didn't order any small bites pre lunch, we wished we had after watching that food walk by. Service was fast and pleasant and the space casual and fun. The cab ride there was nice too - saw embassies we would have missed otherwise and got a great view of the National Cathedral. Go! (And lunch is probably better than dinner unless you want to wait.)

Visited March 2014
Portland, Maine
“Good pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Came here because a friend from the area recommended this place. wasn't the best pizza I've ever had but it was very good. thought the crust was too thin and the sauce from it made the cheese slide off, would have preferred a thicker crust...but that might be personal opinion

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Traditional Italian Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My wife and I were given a gift certificate for this restaurant so we decided to try it out. We were told it would be a 35 minute wait but we decided to stick it out. Saturday night it is extremely crowded. We were seated within 25 minutes upstairs where there was much less noise. Downstairs it is extremely noisy. For the appetizer we ordered the cod croquettes which my wife liked a lot. These were codfish and potato cakes fried in Italian bread crumbs. For the pizza my wife ordered pizza with mozzarella cheese, arugala and cherry tomatoes. I tried the Puttanesca pizza with anchovies, mozzarella cheese, rapini and other ingredients. I liked the taste though it was fishy. What I liked best about the Puttanesca pizza is that it had a strong flavor though I separated some of the anchovies from the pizza. Before you order be sure that you want something fishy. Otherwise the flavor was good and somewhat salty. The crust is hard to cut with a knife so maybe the staff should offer to cut your pizza for you. Service was very good considering the restaurant was mobbed. Cost for two people was around $46 including tip. We did not consume any drinks or dessert.

• Visited March 2014