“Service Industry Favorite” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Two Amys

Two Amys
3715 Macomb St NW, Lowr, Washington DC, DC 20016-3869 (Upper Northwest)
202-885-5700
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
“Service Industry Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

You know you are in the right place when every worker you ask at every other great restaurant recommends this place and they go there.Great charcuterie, pizza, and beer. Definitely worth a visit...one of my favorite places

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

78% Recommend
“A must for Italian cuisine lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

I live in DC and can't get enough of the place! I go every chance I get when I want good quality pizza. I would recommend it to anyone visiting DC.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
new york
“close to National Cathedral”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Reminds me of Mia in Bethesda or Keste in NY delicious pizza with very well-done crust-yum. In season, outdoor tables. If it looks crowded, remember there are tables upstairs. You'll do well to arrive on early side for dinner or for lunch.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Good, but did not match the hype as the Best”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

I've always heard that, as a pizza lover, I needed to try 2Amys. Went with friends on a cold Saturday afternoon. Perhaps I have been spoiled by pizza from 7th Hill when Anthony Pilla was the pizza chef there, but I was unimpressed by 2Amy. Better than average, but not the Best in DC in my opinion. It is good pizza and service was good, but the hype did not match the pizza. I can say that I have had this pizza, but not good enough for a return. If you go, ask to sit upstairs. Comfortable and a bit quieter. Also order the oven roasted olives, they were excellent.

Bowie, MD
“Get there when they open, order pizza and something else”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

I'd seen on Washingtonian magazine lists (Cheap Eats AND Very Best Restaurants... unusual to see a place on both) for years. Hubby and I went there last weekend. Got there just before opening time on Sunday and there were a few others waiting. It is crowded, and people kept piling in with more waiting outside. Pizza really is that good, and server was wonderful! I wondered if she was "Amy." We had pecorino cheese, tomato sauce, meatballs, garlic. So flavorful and such a great crust! They did half with no cheese, but with oregano, for me. We also had roasted olives (a must!) and deviled eggs (because Washingtonian said we should). They were good... a very smooth mustard filling, and a "green sauce" that was good... parsley, capers, anchovies, olive oil, mustard seed, so it's a got a little of a bite, but we never would have guessed "anchovies", and my husband "hates anchovies" but loved the green sauce. We will go back... easy to get to with Metro (go to Foggy Bottom or Tenleytown) and take a bus to Wisconsin & Macomb. Anytime we go back, we will go there right when they open, because it's super busy and crowded, and for very good reason. Families with kids, but none seemed to be out of control. Just a very welcoming atmosphere... nice people and outstanding food.

• Visited February 2013