“Good Food!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grill From Ipanema

Grill From Ipanema
1858 Columbia Rd NW, Washington DC, DC 20009-2002 (Adams Morgan)
202-986-0757
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grill From Ipanema is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #320 of 2,700 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Brazilian, Portuguese, South American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Adams Morgan
Transit: We are close to Woodley park metro station or Dupont circle metro station (red line)
DFW
“Good Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I ate here with a large group and the food and service were really good. I had the Brazilian National Dish and it was so tasty I plan to go back and have it again some time when I'm in DC. They handled our large group well and did not take too long considering it was very busy that night. This was my second time here and I was not disappointed on either trip.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New Jersey
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This restaurant was right down the street from the B&B we were staying at. We hit it on a Sunday night for dinner. The food was delish, but took awhile to come out. We ordered the following: 1) Lamb, 2) Codfish, 3) Paella, and 4) Carne de Sol. My lamb was soooo good. It was cooked well done, but was juicy and flavorful. On top of that, it was huge! You NEVER get such a large portion of lamb in most restaurants. It's like they bought one little ewe lamb and have to divvy up the parts for all its customers at most joints. I appreciated having a sufficient amount of leftovers.

My only complaint is that the food was not very hot when it arrived. We like our food piping hot and this was lukewarm at best. Everyone liked their dishes. The dishes all seemed to be accompanied by the same sides: black beans, farofa, veg, etc. For dessert, I believe we had the mango mousse, but it tasted more like passionfruit (which was another mousse option so I wonder if they gave us the wrong one). Either way, it was tasty and satisfying after such a meal.

The hostess was very nice. The service from our waitress was good, but the busboy seemed to not understand our requests at times. Of course, we ordered more bread because for a table fo 4, they gave us 6, lol. I would highly recommend. The food was familiar and very good, the service very balanced, and the price matched the product.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco, California
“Not worth the price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I was disappointed with the food.
The food was ordinary and It's expensive for the quality.
The caipirihnas were good. The staff was friendly.
Will not return

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Washington, USA dc
“Not bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Everything was fine but nothing that would make me want to come back. At the same time, I would go back there again for the frozen drinks.

Visited September 2012
washington, dc
“Great Brazilian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not only is the food delicious but the caipirinhas are evenly just as good. The service is also nice and their prices are fair. It’s a great gem in the Adams Morgan neighborhood if you’re looking for Brazilian cuisine.

• Visited December 2012