“Chinese Food not for Chinese...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
New York City, New York
“Chinese Food not for Chinese...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

If you are Chinese, I do not recommend you to go to this "Chinese restaurant". It tasted aweful as Chinese Food... I ordered Salt and pepper pork chop, tastless pice of rock.... wonton soup, horrible!! Vegetables was really good! Congee...... tastless chicken with rice ...

If you are not Chinese, you may enjoy the food. You can tell...well... there is only about 20% Chinese customers in the restaurant....

Last, let's talk about service.... not good either

• 1 of 5 stars Food

Conway, Arkansas
“Best Food We Had All Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stopped by China Town for a quick lunch before a meeting at the Capital. The $6 lunch menu was extensive and delicious! We also tried the Egg Drop Soup. I don't even like Egg Drop Soup, but it was sooooo good. I did look at their dinner menu, and it looks like entrees were between $17-23 apiece.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Not sure I'd go back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

My friend and I went to Full Kee before a concert. I arrived at 6, he was a delayed -- and they refused to seat me until he arrived. I can see that at a fancier place, but this place is still basically a dive. I really wanted to sit down and at least order an appetiser. He'd recommended the place because of their special casseroles. We both ordered one. It was good -- but in no way did it seem worth the price tag of $16.99 per casserole. Service was slower than I'm used to in a Chinese restaurant. I know this place has had very strong reviews in the past, but I think they may be riding on that reputation now. I certainly wouldn't go back -- the quality of the food didn't outweigh having to sit there as other couples were seated first.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Manassas, VA
“Fantastic Traditional Chinese Food at a Great Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Dropped in here for lunch after a google search led me to Full Kee as allegedly producing the best Crab Rangoon in DC. Once inside, saw that almost all tables of Asian diners were ordering soup for their entrees and the waitress also informed me it was their house specialty. They have a standard menu as well as a soup menu. I started with the crab rangoon and had wonton noodle soup for my entree. The crab rangoon was excellent. The soup was good also- I've become spoiled by the flavor explosion that is Pho so I felt I needed to add a lemon wedge, a generous amount of chile, and a dash of duck sauce to my soup to pep up the flavors. It was very good with my little additions.
While the food is good (looking forward to going back and trying out more dishes- including perhaps some of the "strange" ones) service is very abrupt. This didn't bother me b/c I was there to eat not make friends with the waiter, but some may feel put out by it. This is not a touchy feely American suck up to the diners the customer is always right sort of place. It moves along at a rapid clip and everything is terse and to the point as is common at Asian establishments in Asia.
Finally, when the place is very busy, as it was at lunch today, you might get seated with a group of strangers around one of the large tables. If this really squicks you out they will permit you to sit down by the entrance and wait for a smaller table for just your party to open up (but it could take awhile).

• Visited January 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Lubbock, Texas
“No frills, just great chinese at low prices”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

With its tired steamy exterior located a half floor above street level, a one day tourist would probably not choose Full Kee. The crowd inside attests to the fact that locals don't come for glitter, they come for the great food in large quantities.
When I'm in town, one of my automatic lunch or dinner choices is Full Kee, and I usually bring a friend, after they are aware that it's for the food and nothing else.
Since the menu contains about as many entries as the DC phonebook, I usually look at what other people have ordered and make my choice based on what looks good.
If you're looking for a healthy, tummy filler, try a noodle soup selection with won tons and duck added to the broth.

• Visited October 2011