“Overrated baked sweets.” 1 of 5 stars

“Overrated baked sweets.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2008

Overrated baked sweets.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Always seems the baked goods have been sitting out a day or two”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2008

Always seems the baked goods have been sitting out a day or two

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Nice coffee shop location, but CakeLove's pastries are just bland butter balls.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

Nice coffee shop location, but CakeLove's pastries are just bland butter balls.

Washington, DC
“A great cafe but otherwise terrible business practice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2008

I started going to Love cafe Sept 2007 since it's: close to my house, a hip place, good ventilation, good food/dessert and a nice place to study while being able to access internet at the same time. I spent quite q few dollars eating breakfast, lunch, dinner, desserts or just coffee/tea last year. I had a great experience. It's the first time i have gone back there in 2008 and bought a cup of tea. 15 minutes after that, one of the workers came over to me and told me that I can't stay there over 60 min. just because I only bought a cup of tea. I told them that I was a regular customer and I went there a lot last year and bought other stuff there too. Just because I didn't feel like eating anything else that day, they were kicking me out of the coffee shop. I also told them that I have a lot of friends who went over there too and studied with me and that I am not going back after this experience, and to my shocking, she said that's fine. (Apparently they don't care about keeping existing, regular customers). I understand that they have to make money and want to encourage people to buy more every time they visit but you gotta give customers a break sometimes and think long term. I just want to warn people, if you are planning to stop by there, be prepared to spend money on more than just a cup of tea or coffee or else.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“If you like your deserts...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2008