“Older Chef Owner Still Great” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ristorante La Perla

Ristorante La Perla
2600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Ste 101, Washington DC, DC 20037 (Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End)
202-333-1767
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Ristorante La Perla is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #233 of 2,623 restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 26th & Pennsylvania Ave., NW
Transit: We are located within a walking distance from the Foggy-Bottom Metro Station which is serviced by the Blue and Orange Lines.
Description: The restaurant of choice of many distinguished diners and restaurant critics, Ristorante La Perla of Washington, located near Georgetown at the tail-end of the historic Pennsylvania Avenue, takes its diners on a culinary journey through Italy with elegant decor surpassed only by authentic mouth-watering Italian masterpieces. During Lunch and Dinner hours, pastas and flavorful sauces simmer while prime meats, poultry, seafood and vegetables roast to treat diners to a little bit of heaven, with a long lasting memory for your taste buds, thanks to the vision of famous chef Vittorio Testa, who has kept alive the Italian culinary tradition for over three decades. Chef-Owner Vittorio Testa will make you feel like you're dining in his house. The waiters exceed expectations, and the space is garnished with painted tiles and Venetian glass to make every dining occasion a memorable one. There's also Private dining and Outdoor seating when the weather permits.
Ocala, Florida
“Older Chef Owner Still Great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

Great food, maybe greater prices, but still a worthwhile experience.

Caesar Salad wonderful with perfect romaine hearts, anchovies, and croutons.

Filet Mignon was over-priced, with no sauce available on the menu. We asked for bernaise or mushroom or something. Kind waiter said he would ask the chef (owner) who was enjoying himself next to us, greeting other diners. This was a Monday night with a light crowd, so you have to know that this chef-owner has loved his business for a long time, and wants to perform his exceptional creations for the duration, health permitting.

Steak was superb, tender, and cooked to perfection. Chef created fresh mushroom sauce of a kind we never had before. For sure it had some quality liquor, maybe B&B, in it; and there was no extra charge on the slightly inflated price of the filet ($40 for 11 oz...)

We also had the veal parm. Very thinly sliced, large portion, lots of cheese, tasty, but just *** out of 4.

Go eat there now before it's too late.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Arlington VA
“A true italian experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

reminded me of places in Italy. The food was amazing. Not something we usually found in restaurants, authenticity.

we came in and were immediately greeted by an impeccably dressed host. While eating, the chef visited our table to make sure everything was alright. We complemented him on the food, and were carried off to a conversation.

It was an exclusive dinning experience with a little Italian restaurant atmosphere.

My wife and I agreed that it was the best place in town. And we don't usually agree so easily.

Washington, DC
“WAY too expensive”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2008

My eggplant parmesan was $24. It was good, but still. We ordered some cocktails which ended up being $20 a piece. My parents say their food was good, but I'm a vegetarian so i didn't taste it. Also, our waiter was totally awkward. I would not go back here. Not worth the price.

new york ATL
“La Perla...just ok on this night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

ok, so maybe we caught La Perla on a bad night....

Chef Victor was very friendly and entertaining, and he alone made for a memorable evening for our family of five.

But the service was mediocre at best, especially for the price, and the food was good but not great..

I was expecting more, at more reasonable prices, based on the normally trustworthy TripAdvisor reviews, but, alas, this time we missed.

NYC
“My favorite place in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

I have eaten Italian since I was a pup (over 50 years) and my Mother and Grandmother served it to me. I spent four years in Tuscany and ten years in NY. This is some of the finest food that I have eaten. And the food takes second place to the owner/chef. He makes you feel like you are part of his family from the first visit. I love this place and try to get there at least onece everytime that I visit DC.