“Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of DC Coast Restaurant

DC Coast Restaurant
1401 K St., The Tower Building, Washington DC, DC 20005-3418 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-216-5988
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
DC Coast Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #134 of 2,623 restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 14th St NW
Transit: McPherson Square Blue and Orange Lines
NYC
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went here for our wedding anniversary. I think it was one of the best overall restaurant experiences I have ever had. The food was wonderful and they waited on us hand and foot. We had such a good time. It was a little crowded that night, however, and we had to sit in a long row of tables for two. The guest next to us was a little loud and angry with his date. In a booth, it wouldn't have mattered but with us all lined up in a row, even with the tables offset a little, I kept accidentally making eye contact with the angry guy. But they left about halfway through our meal and so we ended up having a great time.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

74% Recommend
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“Delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

dc coast offers terrific food in a very friendly atmosphere. Highly recommend it. If you like oysters, you will love dc coast.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“Food, atmosphere and service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and I had dinner here last night and were so pleasantly surprised. We had asked our hotel for a restaurant that was high energy with good food. As we approached the entrance we were concerned that the hotel had somehow misunderstood our request because the room was elegant and the diners seemed conservatively dressed and reserved - not high energy at all - so that we almost did not enter. Boy am I glad we did. Had an amazingly delicious dinner with great service and felt very comfortable and taken care of. I ordered a perfectly mixed cosmo - one of the best ever. Had their special asian smoked lobster - layers of flavor, lots of depth and buttery consistency, not tough or chewy in the least. I was concerned that ordering a lobster in the shell would be awkward to eat in such a stylish room and that I would be embarassed, but it came in sections with most of the work done by the kitchen so that each succulent piece slid easily out of the shell. Husband couldn't say enough about his swordfish and it was so good apparently that by the time I asked for a bite it was gone! Our daughter had the pork chop "paillard" with their cavatappi and three cheeses. They substituted this at no charge for the gnocchi that is typically served with it. Nice accommodation to the less sophisticated taste of our teen. This side was an elegant and elevated version of mac and cheese that was on their side dish menu. The pork shop was richly seasoned and "like butter" - a perfect porkchop that was so large, even an adult couldn't finish. The best part of the meal was the attentive, yet never intrusive service. Our server, Maria, was amazing. She filled us in on details about preparation, sourcing and taste without any stuffyness. She, in fact, had a great sense of humor that really added to our enjoyment of the evening. It was a perfect "10" experience.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Sit upstairs and go for the crab cakes. Excellent for business.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I have been here seevral times, and the food is consistently good. No wonder this is the favorite business restaurant for a few of my Washington based friends.
What they do best (everything is good) are SOUPS, SALADS and the CRAB CAKES.
Wine selection is also good.
A bit pricy, but what did you expect?
In my view, the best seats are upstairs; more quiet and more private.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere was great and the food was good. Place is pricey, but average for this area.

Wine selection is too notch. Bar is top notch, as well. Anything you want if you're willing to pay.

The food was good as well. It didn't blow me away, but it's good. Everything we ordered was fresh and the presentation was nice.

I had the swordfish at the suggestion of my coworker. It was sliced on a bed of risotto. Again, it was ok. I wasn't impressed enough to order it again. Nothing wrong with it, I just personally was not hooked on my choice. Looking back I may have gone for the scallops.

If your looking for a safe bet with an upscale but casual feel this is the place. I would also try Oceanaire or McCormick and Schmidt's which are in the same class and close by

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere