“Definitely worth the second visit” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave.

Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave.
3201 New Mexico Avenue, Washington DC, DC 20016 (Upper Northwest)
202-237-7800
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #507 of 2,494 Restaurants in Washington DC
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Cross street: Nebraska Avenue
Transit: N2 & N6 & N8 buses
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Definitely worth the second visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

A number of years ago, we ate here and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. This time, we went for Father's Day brunch. Our party of 6 included two small people (six and four), and again we had a delightful time. The dishes we got were well-cooked and tasty, if not exactly inspired cuisine. The service was attentive, the noise level was reasonable, and the prices for both food and drink were very reasonable for the DC area.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave., responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us again and for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Please let me know if I may be of assistance with any special requests or reservations.

Cheers,

Courtney Fitzgerald
Executive Director of Hospitality
courtneyf@chefgeoff.com

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good +”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

In a smaller city or town, this might be viewed as a wonderful restaurant, but aside from the convenience to American University, it's location is uninteresting. The parking, which we assumed would be free of charge if stamped by the restaurant, cost about half of what downtown parking would cost. The food selections are OK, but our group of 5 adults found it odd that the portions for one dish (ordered by two of us) were tiny, the portions for a second dish were medium, and the portions for a third selection (ordered by two of us) were huge. Salads were OK, but the kale salads greens were so tough that they bordered on inedible. The dessert selection was poor (the waitress insisted that the "yummiest" choice was the donuts!) and our collective choice (to be shared) from the bacon menu was collectively summarized as awful. The quality of the food and preparation for the 3 main courses we ordered, however, in spite of the portion discrepancies, was quite good.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Courtney F, Guest Relations Manager at Chef Geoff's - New Mexico Ave., responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Good afternoon,

Thank you for dining with us and for sharing your comments here on Trip Advisor. I have shared your comments with our entire chef and management team. It is only through guest feedback like yours that we can continue to improve, so thank you again for sharing.

I do hope that you will dine with us again in the future. Please let me know if I may ever be of assistance with special requests or reservations.

Courtney Fitzgerald
Executive Director of Hospitality
courtneyf@chefgeoff.com

www.chefgeoff.com
washington dc
“prices are going up up and away!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have been eating at Chef Geoff for years. It used to be a very good restaurant and it still is very good. I mean the food is good. The service is good. It is a very noisy place. But what I find very frustrating is the prices. Recently I went with a friend and ordered 2 burgers with fries and a bottle of the cheapest cabernet sauvignon (red). The price with taxes and tip: $82 !!! Do you believe it? For 2 burgers???????????

Hard, very hard. Not sure I will come back if the prices don't come down a bit.
I think I'm not the only one thinking that. There were quite a few empty tables when we were there...

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alexandria, Virginia
“great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went on Monday which is half price wine night and it was a great deal! I ordered the Barolo and it needed some time to breathe.
We ordered small plates of shrimp dumplings, tuna sashimi, and a salad. The wine started to open up and everything was great.
I want to add that the waitress we had was very helpful, and one of the managers came around to express appreciation for picking out the Barolo on half price night.
The whole experience was very good...we did sit outside on the patio which was perfect for the weather and yes, I'm going back again.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hong Kong, China
“A busy reataurant when service is compromised”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We were a table of 7 including a little boy but were given a rather small table where you can barely land the dinner plates. We don't mind as the restaurant is really busy even on a Monday night and of a less convenient location. We soon found out why cos the food is really nice, wines were 50% off on Monday swhich is a great bargain. Service was okay, I'd say it's adequate. You don't expect white gloves service in a hip, busy reataurant anyway.
One thing really spoilt my night was their servers keep kicking at my chair as they busily moved around. Our table is somewhat in the middle of the restaurant and en route to the toilets. Ironically when other guests walked by, they were all very cautious, smiled, excused themselves n tried not to cause any disturbance. If guests can do that I started to question why the servers doesn't care? My chair was kicked at least 20 times through the meal and it is the 'care-less' attitude that puts me off.

Visited April 2013