“Way good spot.” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Way good spot.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Eat at the bar. Great selection of sandwiches. Or brunch food. It's friendly and good. Great drinks. Great spot.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

dnpinva
“look elsewhere”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

This used to be among my favorite brunch spots in DC. The grass-fed burgers were to die for. I am told there is a new chef here. While there used to be a 1-2 hour wait to eat here on the weekends, these days there is plenty of seating. This should have been a sign that this restaurant has changed. It doesn't even begin to live up to what it once was. The brunch menu is limited and unappetizing. The grass-fed burger that drew large crowds to this restaurant years ago has been replaced by a greasy pork-burger combo. For those who don't eat pork, there is very little on this menu that is appealing. The egg white omelette was average. The sides are unappealing. I cannot recommend eating here. I suggest you look elsewhere. There a lot of good new restaurants on 14th street, and it's finally time to let this one go.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“outstanding and funky”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Had lasagna primavera and a beet salad. The presentation was delightful and the combination of flavors were rich.
decor is early 20th century.

Visited May 2013
Washington, DC
“A little slice of Paris...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stopped in just for drink. It was happily busy for a late Saturday afternoon. Lots of outdoor seating. We sat inside at the bar - loved the atmosphere. Bar tender was awesome giving us tastes of beer and whisky. We'll be back - this time we'll try out the menu!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Cookeville, Tennessee
“Wonderful Brunch Menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Cafe Saint Ex is truly a Mid-City neighborhood restaurant. The quaint dinery is named after Antoine de Saint-Exupery, the famous French aviator and author of “The Little Prince”. I greatly enjoyed the Fried Green Tomato BLT. This menu item melted in my mouth! My niece lives near the restaurant and recommended that we go there after church on Sunday. I was nicely surprised by such delicious food and a fun aviation-themed decor and laid back historic pub-type atmosphere. She, my husband and I also shared a very tasty pitcher of Mimosas. He ordered the the Strube Ranch Wagyu Sirloin (Japanese Beef) ... This piece of meat was the most wonderful tasting meat we had ever put in our mouths. That item also comes with two eggs, any style, hollandaise and french fries ... I want to go back soon and test more of these menu items on my tastebuds! Highly, highly recommend.

Visited February 2013