“Decent fish, good value for DC” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Grillfish is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 2,498 Restaurants in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: M St.
Transit: Red Line -Dupont Circle. 19th street exit, walk down 19th St. to M St., turn right. 2 and a half blocks to the corner of New Hampshire & M St. Blue/Orange Line -Foggy Bottom/GWU. Go left toward Washington Circle. Walk across Washington Circle to New Hampshire Ave. Walk 2 blocks on New Hampshire to the corner of New Hampshire & M St.
Description: We source the finest, sustainable & local ingredients to create handcrafted food & beverages. Our setting is unmatched and the best casual, neighborhood dining in the West End. The bar is ornately decorated with massive mirrors, large columns and a multitude of glowing candles. These, along with the open kitchen where flames leap from the grill, create a warmth and intimacy in a casual atmosphere.
Minnesota
“Decent fish, good value for DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

This is a low-key fish restaurant near Dupont Circle. It fills a nice in-between spot between basic/fast food and the many upscale (and very expensive) DC restaurants. I had a nice apple-pear salad and mahi mahi with curry dipping sauce--both were very good; not really fine dining, but quite good for the price. From the other Tripadvisor reviews, one might think this is some kind of seafood heaven, which to me is overstated--I thought this was a very good place to have a decent meal at a decent price. I'd go back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MattMin, Guest Relations Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Tony,
Thanks for reviewing Grillfish on TripAdvisor. I am thrilled that you had such a great experience with us that you came back the next day for brunch! (The oyster benedict is a personal favorite of mine as well.)

Please come back anytime and sample the rest of our menu!

Cherry Hill, New Jersey
“AMAZING FOOD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food was out of site. This place has variety without the McCormick and Schimdt price. The food was fresh and I tasted all my friends food to confirm. The bufalo mac n cheese is great along with the grilled catfish. I went back the next day for brunch and had the oyster benedict. amazing

Visited February 2013
“Delicious seafood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Great restaurant. Everything from appetizers to entrees were excellent. We sat at the bar and the bartender/waitress was wonderful. Price was very reasonable. Recommend trying this restaurant.

MattMin, Guest Relations Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent trip to Grillfish! I am so pleased that you loved your meal and that our bartenders took such great care of you.

We look forward to your dining with us again soon! Thanks again for sharing your comments with us.

“SEAFOOD HEAVEN...ON EARTH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Grillfish while on a trip to DC from NYC....I must tell you we are quite picky since we come from a place with a plethora of great places to dine... well let me tell you...we accidentally bumped into Grillfish by overhearing a stranger rave about thier fresh fish...being New Yorkers we had to give it a try...I had the buffalo shrimp with buffalo mac n cheese and my husband had fried catfish...we have never I mean never had seafood so fresh! No kidding...the place is popping with creative fresh takes on traditional dishes! We had the chocolate cake....divine! We swore we would not repeat restaurants on our trip ..but its our last night tonight and well we have to break our pact....this place is worth it! So good while eating I sent the menu to my sister in nyc...to view....go! Its so delish....

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MattMin, Public Relations Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience at Grillfish! I am thrilled that you loved our dishes and service so much that your broke your rule and came back twice in the same trip.

We look forward to you dining with us again on your next trip to DC! Thank you again for sharing your comments with us.

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great Seafood Place near Dupont Circle!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

This seafood find near Dupont Circle is a must for seafood lovers in DC. I was drawn in by their local/sustainable menu and am so glad we opted in for a business dinner. Everyone loved it, from our wine to splitting the key lime pie for dessert. Of course the highlight was the mixed grill, with scallops, shrimp, mahi and salmon, and a side of spaghetti squash. I really liked the atmosphere, particularly the massive melting candles along the bar - a great place for a date night.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
MattMin, Guest Relations Manager at Grillfish, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at Grillfish. We rely on feedback from our guests to constantly improve for future diners.

I am so pleased that you and your group enjoyed your meal from beginning to end! Now that you have come for a business dinner, we invite you to please stop in for a date night soon.

Thanks again for sharing your comments with us.

Matt Minora