“food, ok but flies/bugs” 2 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wyoming Ave
Transit: Red Line to Dupont Circle
Ithaca, New York
“food, ok but flies/bugs”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We just ate there. The food was not too but, they had a probelm with fruit flies around our food and wine. When we showed them they clearly did not care. I was stunned at their indifference. We will not go back.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mass
“great food, quiet atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012

we accidentally stumbled upon this restaurant in the Dupont Circle area while walking from our hotel to the zoo. The food was fantastic and the quiet atmosphere was a great break from the crowds. We loved it so much we ate there three times in two days! Great italian food! Very reasonable prices. Wish they were close to my home!

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
West Sacramento
“Excellent Pasta”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

Eggplant lasagna was flavorful, not too greasy. The homemade pasta was cooked to perfection and I could taste the fresh tomatoes in the sauce. There were four of us and we all thought our meals were excellent. Very quiet and fifties in decor but not trying to be retro chic.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Dunnellon, Florida
“Convenient Fare and reasonable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Truth be told this was just down the street from my hotel and I was starving. It was late but they are open to 10 PM. I ordered a sausage ragout dish right off the “specials” board in hopes of quickness and I was not disappointed. It came right out and was tasty with no ill after affects. The price was more than reasonable and I was on my way in no time. For a quick, tasty meal that doesn’t feel it came out of a can this more than works.

Visited October 2011
Washiington, DC
“Great Value in a 1950's Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

This is the most honest retro restaurant you can imagine. It purports to be an Italian ristorante?, trattoria?, osteria?, but it is authentically American, run by the best-natured people, immigrants from India. The food is very decent, well-priced, the surroundings just on the edge of funky. Who knows who might be there dining with you: Big-wigs from the upscale neighborhood or the staff of the non-profit down the street. It's friendly oasis in Washington, a place that I patronize regularly. I especially like the calamari with white sauce.

• Visited September 2011