“Wonderful food in a charming atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Al Tiramisu

Al Tiramisu
2014 P St NW, Washington DC, DC 20036-5923 (Dupont Circle)
202-467-4466
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Al Tiramisu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #168 of 2,768 Restaurants in Washington DC
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Pasta
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Fairfax, VA
“Wonderful food in a charming atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

While visiting the Dupont Circle neighborhood of DC, we decided to take a colleague out for her birthday. Al Tiramisu exceeded our expectations. The mushroom risotto was wonderful, as were a couple of the seafood specials. Nothing was heavy, but instead showed a lightness rare in Italian restaurants. We all shared a tiramisu dessert, which was tasty also - not too rich but just right. We would definitely return if in the neighborhood, though the cost was bit high, so it would be more for special occasions.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“Small, cozy Authentic Italian in Dupont Circle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A representative of the Italian government I used to work with in DC turned me on to Al Tiramisu about 10 years ago. It is the only Italian restaurant in DC he would patronize, so that was enough for me.

The food is authentic Italian, not garlic-laden Italian-American. My favorite dish is the gnocchi. Al Tiramisu's gnocchi are like pillows served with fresh marinara sauce. Friends and family also speak highly of the seafood dishes.

The decor isn't fancy and could use some updating, but the place is cozy. I should mention that sometimes service can be an issue. Some of the waitstaff is--how shall I put it--rather abrupt and fussy--while others are helpful and more easy-going. Anyway, if you like authentic Italian, I would give Al Tiramisu a try.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sebastopol, California
“Superb Italian in a Charming Setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Clams and linguine are always special. Their veal dishes have always been exceptional. Very good Italian wine list with goood values. Dine at the bar if traveling alone for interesting conversations.

Visited May 2012
Oakton, Virginia
“Very authentic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Amazing authentic Italian food. We went here after it being recommended by the fairfax hotel. And man what a recommendation! I had the special pasta which was a thin, black pasta with squid and other seafood in it. And man what's it fantastic. My mom had on of the fish specials and it was so fresh and wonderfully tasting. Thank u for an awesome meal and we shall return!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Midlothian, Virginia
“Valentine's Day Delightful Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We went for lunch on Valentine's Day and it was wonderful. We spent 21/2 hours there experiencing gourmet food and wine and the delightful service of our waiter John. I had the Tuna TarTar for an appetizer and it was fabulous. For the main dish I had the Beef tenderloin with Aleatico wine sauce which was magnificent. We had red wine and white wine that went with the food wonderfully. For dessert I had the Tiramisu of course, and it was excellent, plus Chef Luigi, gave us a special Valentine's day treat. The food was presented beautifully and tasted even better.
I would highly recommend Al Tiramisu!!!!

• Visited February 2013