“Food and Service Were Excellent” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Milano

Cafe Milano
3251 Prospect St NW, Lbby 1, Washington DC, DC 20007-3243 (Georgetown)
202-333-6183
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Milano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #355 of 2,710 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Georgetown
Cross street: Wisconsin Avenue NW
Transit: Metrobuses # 32, 34, 35 and 36. The closest stop is Wisconsin Avenue and N Street. Foggy Bottom Metro stop, on the Blue/Orange line is the closest Metro stop. The DC Circulator can also be used as an alternative bus option.
“Food and Service Were Excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was here with my sister and wife, though it was very busy the service and food were excellent though we did find it a little pricey.

New York City, New York
“Pricey”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

The restaurant is across the street from a parking lot, perhaps convenient but not the coziest street in Georgetown. The interior was very dark. Food was good, but pricey. Service was very good.

Visited March 2013
Morgantown, West Virginia
“Georgetown Eats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Everywhere we went, people were raving about this place. The people at the Mayflower hotel, a friend went to Mexico and this was recommened, a friends hubby works in D.C. and he said this was a great spot....so 10 of us made a reservation. The food was good. The wine was good. The blood orange creme brulee was fantastic. But the restaurant was super crowded. Service was OK. And the bathrooms were horrid. If this place is this good and they know it gets crowded, they should have staff checking the bathroom every 30 minutes. If the bathroom was this bad and it never was tended to the 2 plus hours we were there....what else is not being taken care of?

Visited April 2013
San Francisco, California
“Anywhere else, this would have closed down...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Following similar reviews about the noise and poor service, I would agree this place is not a great restaurant. Adequate food and a hang out for the "over the hill Capitol Hill" crowd. Stay away unless you are stuck, like we were without a Friday night reservation in the Georgetown area.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Noisey with unfriendly service...but food was good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

I guess you have to be a local or a "somebody" here but while the food was pretty good for an Italian restaurant, the service sucked big time. First the waiter, after I was asking about a $150 bottle of wine, started to try to sell me on one for $380...I didn't bite. Then he returns to advise that the one I wanted was sold out and offers me an alternative, telling me its around the same price...what are you going to do with the restaurant clambering with 250+ guests and your wife dreamily looking at you like she doesn't care about the wine. He starts to draw the cork and casually turns away, turning back after 10 seconds or so and continues, then quickly slams the cork into his apron pocket, and pours out the brunello for me to try...my wife later advises the cork broke in half. The first course was great...salad for me and soup for my sweetie...we then waited fully 40 minutes with absolutely no service before our mains arrived...they again were delicious, but we were by then ticked off enough with the experience that it really didn't matter.

Now we"re from Toronto where, because of the large number of italians who have immigrated, we have excellent italian restaurants...and not just pizza & veal parmigianno...we will not return to this restaurant...we know better!