“Beyond Overrated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Georgia Brown's

Georgia Brown's
950 15th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20005 (Dupont Circle)
(202) 393-4499
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Georgia Brown's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #157 of 2,700 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: Between K and I Streets
Transit: We are conveniently located near the McPherson Square metro station on the orange and blue lines. Exit the metro at Vermont Avenue and walk one-half block North on 15th Street. Traveling on the red line stop at Farragut North. Walk two blocks east on K Street. Turn right at the corner of 15th and K. We are mid-way through the block on the right.
Description: Come and experience our lively interpretation of South Carolina Low-Country cuisine. Enjoy good southern food, servers who bubble over with hospitality, and a dining room that is truly distinctive. With its honey-colored walls, golden woods and bronze sculptures that crawl across the ceiling, designer Adam Tihany has created an atmosphere to awaken your senses. What better place to enjoy low country cuisine than in this contemporary environment celebrating the south. Offering the flavor of the South - the Soul of Washington; where we will be sure to leave a light burning in the window for you, our guests. Follow us on Twitter: twitter.com/gbrowns Visit our Facebook page: www.georgiabrowns.com/facebook
florida
“Beyond Overrated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Could not wait to go after a recommendation. Complete waist. While my wife thought her article char was pretty good, I had short ribs which were luke warm temperature and not very tender. I expected that falling off the bone type of tenderness. Smoked veggies were a cup of greasy mushrooms and carrots (not as described by our waiter).

Waist of time and money.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane
“OMG”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This place has the best food around. I wished we could have gone there a second time for dinner. Incredible food.. you have to dine at this place. One word of advice I would give. Make a reservation it's popular.

Visited October 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Cheeky prix fixe!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having perused the menus for Georgia Brown's online I had concluded it looked very good, if a little pricey. Then I noticed the prix fixe lunch deal for $25 and decided to give it a whirl this afternoon.

Not wanting to risk missing out I booked a table for my solo lunch at 1pm and was warmly welcomed by (who I presume was) the Maître D’ and then shown to my table by my waiter. Ice cold tap water was delivered with the menu (something I really wish the UK would cotton on to) and, seeing me glance briefly at the menu, as by that point I knew it off by heart, the waiter immediately took my order.

The food really is exceptional. Beautifully presented and lightly done – something that can be tricky if you’re serving the gutsy home-style fare they are – the flavours were well balanced, fresh and perfectly on the right side of decadent. Service was swift and attentive without being obtrusive. I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and at $25 for three courses, it’s a steal.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“Good food, close quarters, busy & rather noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We visited Georgia Brown's in October 2012. We stayed at The Madison, so it was just down the street. We didn't have a reservation, but were seated immediately. The service was great and the food was really good. My husband had the pork chop and I had gumbo & collard greens. Interesting ceiling decor. The only downsides were that the tables along the banquette are too close together - if I wanted to, I could touch the person at the next table, and since it was Saturday evening, it was noisy. The table next to us was beside a high traffic zone. Two couples were seated at that table and left because of the traffic back & forth right beside their table. If I could make a suggestion to the management it would be to remove that table and put more space between the remaining tables.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Upper Hutt
“Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We went there twice and both nights had a table outside. Great food and lots of it - try the Salmon, it's yummy!

Visited September 2012