“We Loved It” 5 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Meiwah
1200 New Hampshire Ave NW, Mmm, Washington DC, DC 20036-6802 (Connecticut Ave/ K Street)
(202) 833-2888
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Vancouver, BC
“We Loved It”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We're from Vancouver and think our Chinese restaurants are the best outside of China but the Meiwah blew us away. It has everything going for it except stuffiness. The food was outstanding, the service excellent, the prices more than fair and the celebrity photos were fun to look over. We had prawns that were incredible - fresh and tasty with equally fresh cashew nuts, and chicken that was perfect. All said a memorable evening!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
“Best Chinese Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I miss Meiwah since I moved away from DC, and it is the first place I go whenever I get back to visit friends. The squid with spiced salt is the best I've ever had, and the service is great!

Visited November 2013
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
“The emperors of delivery in DC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I live a block away, but almost never eat in the restaurant. But I recommend them for delivery. The food arrives promptly, hot and delicious. They deserve their reputation as the best Chinese food in the city.

Visited November 2013
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Meiwah Overated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

I came to this place based on the recomendation of the front desk of the Marriot....Initial appearance inviting but found out real fast the service here is lacking. Food oderded and food delivered. Very little interaction with wait staff. My waiter never even asked mw how everything was. I tried the Seafood Pho....well it was not terrible but it was hot and made do for my cold. The pho did not come with the usual fixins of bean sprouts, basil (or cilantro) and when I asked for Knyokman (fish sauce for pho) the waiter did not know what I was talking about. This place is cheap enough though as I walked out less than 22.00...Try this place if you want but don't be expecting the "WOW" here....

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good Chinese on New Hampshire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were staying around the corner at the Embassy Suites, and Chinese seemed like a good choice. The hot-and-sour soup was good, as was my twice-cooked-pork. Service was quick, and the ambiance was more busy-restaurant-that-gets-you-fed-quickly than elegant dining. But sometimes all you want is to get a good dinner in a short time, and Meiwah was perfect for that.

If I lived or worked in the area I'd no doubt be eating there often.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere