“Great lunch” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lebanese Taverna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #59 of 2,563 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Lebanese, American, Vegetarian, Middle Eastern
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Calvert Street
Transit: Metro Red line - Woodley Park
Description: Come see our new look with a contemporary feel in a refined setting with subtle touches of a Lebanese home. We've added seats to the bar and a new lounge too! Still great for groups of all sizes and the private room now seats 56 people. Located in walking distance from the Marriott Wardman Park and Omni Shoreham Hotels and directly across the street from the Woodley Park Metro station, our DC location is ideal for corporate and social events. Validated self-parking is also available in the garage directly behind the restaurant. The Cedar Room accommodates up to 60 people for a private seated event and 40 people for a standing reception. For smaller affairs, the room can be offered as a semi privately as well. The main dining room is also available for larger parties.
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Located couple blocks from the zoo, our cabbie recommended this place and what a great recommendation it was. This place rocks with all your favorites. It had just been remodeled and WOW did a super job. Not gourmet but wonderful food. Next time we visit and take kids to zoo we will stop in for kebobs and beer.

Woodland Hills
“Don't miss that restaurant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The restaurant is very close to the Omni Hotel. 3 minutes walking. It is a beautiful restaurant. The food is great, you will love everything you'll eat. The service is excellent, and the prices are very reasonable. If you are going in the weekend, you better make a reservation, because they are full.

Holland, MI
“Food/service was good but I guess I do not enjoy Lebanese food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

First, a qualifier. This was my first experience with Lebanese food and I did not enjoy the type of food so that is why I rated this restaurant as average. My personal preferences definitely come into play with the rating given.

That said, the restaurant was clean and busy. Staff seemed a little frazzled, almost running while doing their jobs. I believe that good service gives an illusion of a relaxed atmosphere. I liked the sampler plate offerings. My wife ordered one sampler and I ordered the other. Food was flavorful but some items were a little cool.

I would not return but would still recommend it to someone who wants to try Lebanese food.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Very solid - falafel could use some sauce.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice restaurant in woodley park that is modern by local standards. It was busy the weekend lunch we went so we ate at the bar. Food was nice in general and the bar area good. My falafel was tasty but could have used some yogurt or sauce. In general pretty good and ill be back I think. Dolmeh were excellent.

New York
“Accommodating to large groups, delicious food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I reserved for a group of ten. The restaurant was very accommodating. It was suggested that we order a family style price fixed meal. Unfortunately, this did not highlight the traditional delicious food. Two of the ten diners were not impressed. My advice careful menu selection. The food here is can really be a "wow" . Service was great!

• Visited March 2013