“Good food, Great atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dubliner Restaurant and Pub

Dubliner Restaurant and Pub
520 N Capitol St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001-1510 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-737-3773
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Aurora, Ohio
“Good food, Great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were greeted promptly and sat at a table near the bar. That was a blessing. We had some unexpected entertainment during dinner. A few of the customers started singing Irish songs.

Our server, Will, took very good care of us. He kept checking up on us and refilling beverages. We had the Reuben and Monte Cristo which were both very good. The Irish Cheesecake for dessert was fabulous!

We relaxed and talked while sipping beverages after dinner. We appreciated no one being in a hurry for us to leave. We were letting time pass before our evening tour of the monuments. And, even after we paid, Will checked to see if we needed refills.

We loved the old pub feel and the company.

Jamestown, NC
“Great Irish pub”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We ate outside with beautiful weather. The food was good. My husband got the fish and chips and he loved them. I got chicken wings and a cider ale from Ireland and it was delicious. I wish I could remember the name of it so I could buy it in a specialty store.
The place stays crowded so be prepared, but it is worth the wait.

Visited September 2013
The Woods, MA
“Irish Experience in DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Solid selection of beers and hearty food. I had the chicken pot pie which seemed intimidatingly large until I realized that I ate most of it! Good wood paneled, noisy, crowded ambiance that I would fully expect at any successful Irish Pub. I will be back!

Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great for alate night Irish Coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

This tavern had a real Irish atmosphere, My husband and I stopped in for a nightcap and were sorry we did not come by for dinner

Visited September 2013
Efland, NC
“An okay place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

For DC, the prices were reasonable, and the food all right. I ate there three times: once for dinner, and twice for breakfast. The omelet was very good; the bread was different between the meals. (It had some kind of fruit in it the second time that hadn't been there the first. I was assured that it was the same soda bread. I don't like fruit in my bread.)

I had the shepherd's pie for dinner, which was okay. Nothing fancy, nothing remarkable. The salad was nice but standard. When I was in DC I had a huge problem finding places that served iced tea. (Why is that?) This place offered it, but it was highly flavored with some kind of fruit, though I couldn't tell you what kind. I just wanted plain iced tea; is that so difficult, even for an Irish restaurant?

Service was very friendly. When dining outside, I saved a bee from drowning in the last of my tea. You're welcome, Ms. Bee. The interior dining room opens up right off the Phoenix Park hotel, which makes it convenient for breakfast. In an area that has so very few restaurants, this is a good choice to make. You won't write home about it, but your stomach won't complain afterward.