“Mediocre” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Dubliner Restaurant and Pub

Dubliner Restaurant and Pub
520 N Capitol St. NW, Washington DC, DC 20001-1510 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202-737-3773
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Toronto, Canada
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Many years ago, when we were visiting Syracuse, New York, my wife and I had dinner at a "famous authentic Irish pub" called Coleman's. I don't remember much about that dinner--this is certainly not intended as a review of that place--but I do know that on several return visits to/through Syracuse, we have not felt any urge to return to Coleman's.

I should have remembered all this history when we stumbled upon this sister pub in Washington, run by a member of the same family, and also billing itself as a "famous authentic Irish pub". Service was good, prices overall were reasonable, but that doesn't compensate for mushy fish and chips nor flavourless bread pudding nor the special dessert of the day, a Chocolate Cream Pie, that even the late Sara Lee would have rejected out of hand. The only good part of the meal was my wife's rich, creamy potato soup.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
“Nice pub, poor food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We were seated immediately around 6pm on a Friday and had a friendly and attentive waiter. The beer was great, but the food was poor. The hibernian chicken tasted leftover. Would not eat there again, but it's a nice Irish pub atmosphere for a drink.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Vejle, Denmark
“Bad service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

The food was ok, but the waitress was difficult to understand since she was mumbling, and overall she gave a really bad service.

Visited March 2013
Twentynine Palms, California
“I liked it”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had the Fish and chips and a Black and Tan on a very busy Thursday night. Service was fast and friendly. Thoroughly enjoyed the meal. I liked the atmosphere. The seating is tight and the place seems smaller than it really is. Several friends swear by the Shepard's pie. I will absolutely visit again if the opportunity arises. An easy walk from several hotels in the area and Capitol hill.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Poor food with a side of attitude”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I ate here for lunch and had to wait a good half hour for a table of four at 2:30pm on a Saturday afternoon. I didnt mind the wait but overall I wasnt impressed with the attitude of the service staff. My beer glass was covered in leftover food from the last diner and my burger was cold and burnt. Its hard to advertise the best burger on capitol hill on your menu when it looks like a hockey puck. Anyway, I wont be returning here as none of the meals ordered by our table were that good. As well, the service staff were far from apologetic from the mishaps of the meal. In fact, everyone that worked here seemed to have a bit of an attitude. Next time, I will try the other Irish pub next door.

Visited March 2013