“Love this place for pizza, but gets crowded and noisy fast” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Love this place for pizza, but gets crowded and noisy fast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We've eaten here a lot over the years, and it's still one of the best pizza joints in DC. NOTE - I'm reviewing the restaurant located on M Street NW, not Dupont Circle. The room is good sized, with big picture windows opening onto M Street NW which is great in the Spring and early Summer before it gets too hot. There is a small bar when you first walk in where you can wait for your table. And be prepared to wait, no reservations and unless you time it just right it will be crowded, it's very popular. The pizzas are nicely done, crisp and thin crust. The other menu items are also excellent, including the antipasti of white albacore over white cannellini beans, the polpetti (meatballs) and the salami platter. The wine choices are a bit limited but the beer choices are huge - it's really a combination brew house and pizzeria. They probably have 50 or 60 beers on tap. Service is "usually" very good - I say usually because every 5th or 6th visit, we have a marginal service experience. Not enough to complain to the manager but kind of sub-optimal. Yet, the staff is overall fun, friendly, young and they hustle pretty good to get your pizza to you fast. This is a casual joint, jeans and sweatshirts are fine, the waiters all wear t-shirts that say "Eat Your Pizza" on the back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Worcester, Massachusetts
“Great Pizza and Fabulous Service!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

During my recent stay in Washington, DC, I did a search on Tripadvisor.com to find restaurant recommendations near the hotel I was staying and Pizzeria Paradiso showed up. It was a very short walk from the hotel, so I decided to try it out and I am so glad I did. My first visit was on a Friday night around 5:45pm. The place was PACKED but I was able to score a seat at the pizza bar in the back of the restaurant. It was pretty neat because I got to watch them prepare all the food. I thought the pizza I ordered was delicious and the service was great. I enjoyed it so much that I went back there the next night for dinner too. I went earlier, at 5:00pm, there was not a crowd when I arrived, but standing room only when I left. Seems to be a very popular spot with the locals. I had two great experiences and would highly recommend this place!

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Great Pizza!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Love the pizza! The selection of beers was huge, hard to pick specially when the waitress seems to be in a hurry. With that said the service was NOT great.

Visited February 2014
Wijchen, The Netherlands
“Nice hotspot on Dupont Circle for dinner.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've eaten there three times now, and all times where very nice. Salads, pizza, wines and of course the nice beers. They served some of my favourite Belgium beers, Rochefort 8.
The dishes are great, not too expensive, quick and friendly service.
Only downside is that because of it's popularity sometimes you have to wait.
For travellerers without company: you can dine at the bar, overlooking the kitchen. It is great fun to watch and a conversation with your fellow "lone travellers" is quickly established.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NE US
“Great place for a quick pizza at lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I enjoyed my spicy pizza at lunch. The crust stayed crisp which is nice. Some reviews said the staff were not so friendly, but my server was great. I was alone and he stopped by and refilled my coke without me asking and was quite attentive even though I was spending little money. I will eat here again.

Visited February 2014