“Nice place for a quick bite” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Austin Grill - E. St. NW
750 E St NW, Washington DC, DC 20004-2107 (Downtown / Chinatown)
(202) 393-3776
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
MD
“Nice place for a quick bite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a quick bite to eat. Just down the street from the Starbucks was the Austin Grill, we decide to go in and see what they had. We went out with her 3 kids, we were seated immediately and were able to get our food probably within 15 minutes after ordering. I ordered a hangover burger which is greasy and juicy and was exactly what I was looking for. The kids menu had a great variety too and we left not disappointed. After that we took a quick walk to the Chinatown Coffee Company and had a great cup of coffee. Both are in close proximity to the Gallery MetroCenter.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Florida Panhandle, Florida
“Good food, great service, great atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

We visited this restaurant with 26 8th graders and 10 adults. We were seated (separately) promptly, and our server took our orders quickly. The food was good, the dessert was GREAT, but the servers really make this place. Several servers visited our table to speak with us and were so nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Avon Park, Florida, United States
“ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was bringing a large group of students during our trip to DC and Austin Grill was THE BEST place we ate the entire trip. The service was amazing and the manager was fantastic! I had reservations (We had 32 of us) and the manager called me earlier in the day to confirm our reservations and to see if he could do anything to help us before we got there.

When we arrived we were promptly seated, they handled our orders perfectly and they did not mess up ANYONE's food! With a party of 32 that is nearly impossible! The service was fantastic and the food was even better.

This restaurant was not suppose to be the highlight of our food on our trip, but it definitely won by a land slide. I was VERY impressed!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Toronto, Canada
“Great place - particularly if you're eating gluten-free!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This place was really great. I went here with my family during our trip to Washington. My brother is celiac and can't eat gluten. We often have to work around finding places for him to eat. We asked for the gluten-free menu when we were at the hostess stand - they knew exactly what we were talking about. There was no confusion or whispering, it was great. Some places say they have gluten free menus but then when you get there no one knows what you're talking about. I had a chicken sandwich with rice/beans. The chicken was moist and the sandwich was delicious. My brother had a great selection to chose from and really enjoyed his fajitas. Our server was great, we were a table of 6 and she was patient and attentive and also knew the gluten-free menu throughly, even offered my brother some additional options. It is a small thing like training the staff to know how to help people with allergies that makes all the difference. I would definitely go back if I ever find myself in Washington and recommend this place for celiacs, gluten-intorlerant or anyone who just wants a good meal in a fun place.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good brunch, fresh food, good price for the location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were visiting the Eastern Market and then we got stuck in lines trying to find where to eat, then we gave up and finished in what seemed to be just a place to grab something quickly but then they had the special of the day "tacos al carbon", it was an excellent choice: they prepared just in front of us so we could see that everything was fresh, the food was delicious and it was a lot of food, the price was perfect, the services was fast and the restaurant was not bad at all. It is a good choice if you are in a hurry, really hungry and like Mexican style food.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere