“Good lunch stop” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Madhatter

Madhatter
1831 M St NW, Washington DC, DC 20036-2514 (Connecticut Ave/ K Street)
(202) 833-1495
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Madhatter is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #864 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Boulder, CO
“Good lunch stop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here for a quick weekday lunch and ate well but not too quickly. Service seemed more distracted than slow and it took several requests to finally get the beverage I ordered. The meal order came quickly however, so I enjoyed a good chicken gyro. I'll return for the food and the friendly waitstaff, but I'll wait for an time when my schedule is less tight.

Visited November 2013

Melbourne, Florida
“great brunch/ fun atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Our group was looking for a great place to have a fun but casual brunch. We found it!
Food was great and reasonable. Waiter was fun...he actually seemed happy to be at work.
Half of our party chose the bloody mary bar....NICE..and the other did the Mimosas. Waiter
actually left the entire bottle of champagne on the table.....very convenient!
This resturant was recomended by a local college student and he was right.
We will be back on our next trip!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“excellent burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Ate there (take out) memorial day weekend, 2013,,, had a burger and fries,, and the burger was excellent!!
cool environment, ,,ordered at the bar an the female bartender was very nice
bought my son a shirt , think was 21$ , nice and soft

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
KL, Malaysia
“Great for a casual low-key dinner out”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Went for dinner once, the food was good, especially since it was relatively cheap. The service could've been better but nothing major to complain about. Loved the decor and atmosphere. I'd recommend it for a casual, no-fuss night out.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Waldorf, Maryland
“Worst Brunch Ever!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

My friend and I go to brunch every Sunday when I’m home. We have been to places all over the DMV. We had reservations and was seated promptly. My waiter Taylor was terrible and he didn’t even invoke any confidence that he knew what he was doing. We ordered drinks and before we could say another word. He walked off. We sat there looking disgruntled because the manager noticed walking by and asked if we need any help and drinks. We informed her that Taylor took our drink ordered and we wanted to order. She went get Taylor, but low and behold he was on his way back with our drinks. We placed our order of Tweedle Dee Tidbits, french toast, fried chicken and waffles, and two sides of scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese. Taylor asked if we wanted the Tweedle Dee Tidbits before our entrees and I said yes. Well it did come out before the entrees like 15 seconds, I didn’t even get a bite before the entrees hit the table. The fried chicken had been refried, it was greasy and overcooked. The waffle was the quality of staying at a hotel that you make your own waffles but it tasted terrible Hampton Inns was better. My eggs didn’t have any cheese and I informed Taylor he took them back and brought them back saying the cook said they it was mixed in, no cheese was mixed in and I looked throughly. My friend said the french toast was average. I was so disgusted with the food except the Tweedle Dee Tidbits they were actually delicious. I just wanted to pay and leave but that didn’t go well either. Taylor clean off the dishes for my friend and then we waited for over 30mins just to get the check because we never saw him again. It was so long the manager noticed after 25mins and asked us what was the problem. We finally got the check I paid and left hungry. I will never go back and I don’t even understand how this place got a good rating for brunch. I could possibly see lunch or dinner as the Tweedle Dee Tidbits were delicious, but the service and the food sucked big time. I will not be going back and I don’t recommend anyone else going either.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere