“Great Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Occidental Grill

Occidental Grill
1475 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)
202.783.1475
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Occidental Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #372 of 2,699 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Private Dining
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 14th
Transit: Metrocenter 13 & F
Description: Located just blocks from the White House, Washington Monument and the National Theatre, the historical Occidental is the ideal location for quintessential DC dining. Dine like an icon either inside among portraits of politicos, celebrities and athletes or al fresco on the expansive patio.
Nassau Bahamas
“Great Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Although quite warm outside, we had wonderful food and service.

Visited June 2012

Florida
“Outside patio dining!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

We sat outside under huge trees and enjoyed mussels and martinis while watching tourists and politicians!!

Visited May 2012
St. Louis, Mo.
“Location, view, patio, must go.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Patio dining here is a must. From your table you can see the Capitol, the Dept of Treasury, the Washington monument, and you are close to the White House. Great patio. Good food and drinks. Average service, perhaps a tad slow and inattentive, but we were not in a hurry. Prices you would expect for Pennsylavania Avenue next to the White House. Overall a thoroughly enjoyable experience. My wife, my 7 y.o. granddaughter, and I all had fun. After dinner we strolled the perimeter of the White House grounds.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I had dinner here during our brief visit to Washington. The food was excellent. I had the beet salad and the lamb and he had gaspacho and the sea scallops. The service was great. I would say that it was a little slow, but we weren't in any hurry so it was leisurely. I would definietly go back.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greensboro NC
“Don't waste your time - so many better options in DC”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My husband and I went here for our anniversary. It was a Friday night in DC in June - 7pm - and no one was there. That should have been our first clue. Expensive? Yes. Nice atmosphere? Yes. Good service? Yes. Good food? NO. Good value? Definitely NO. We were staying at the Willard Intercontinental and this place is just next door so we figured it would be an easy and convenient option for dinner. The waiter was very nice, relatively attentive. The food was average at best. We ordered the special, which was a tiny filet mignon paired with a crabcake. The filet was so salty I couldn't eat it and it was drenched in some sauce that told me that they were masking a substandard piece of meat. The crabcake was good, not a lot of filler - mostly crab - but nothing spectacular. Price for this entree? $69. We opted out of dessert and went to Old Ebbitt's Grille - wish we had eaten there for dinner too.

• Visited June 2012