“Great service, huge portions” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bobby Van's Steakhouse

Bobby Van's Steakhouse
809 15th St NW, Washington DC, DC 20005-2203 (Connecticut Ave/ K Street)
202-589-0060
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Bobby Van's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #244 of 2,623 restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Connecticut Ave/ K Street
Cross street: Between H and I Sts.
Transit: McPherson Square Metro
“Great service, huge portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was a pre Father's Day dinner with my daughter. Great atmosphere, and original and sincere service. Seems as if others such as Capital Grille are trying re create what comes naturally here. Would be great for client meal, although was somewhat noisy. Both my NY Strip and daughters Filet were very good (not best I've had but close), but were both cut for those with hearty appetites. What made it special was the attentive and professional service from Rod, which was both genuine and sincere.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

73% Recommend
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Steak or go elsewhere...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Getting directly to the food. My husband had a cajun steak that he raved about since we left the restaurant (it's been 2 days). It looked delicious! And it was. On the other hand, my roasted chicken was the total opposite.

We had our toddler with us so I ordered the roasted chicken, which came with two sides, to share with her. Then I asked about a kid menu, which they had and left me wondering why didn't our server mention it. Anyway, we ordered her chicken fingers and french fries. I did not change my order and I really regretted it. My chicken was very bland. I never use salt, I mean never, to season anything (only my fries) but I needed salt as well as pepper on that chicken. The Bobby Van sauce helped also. I would like to go back and have a steak of my own but I would never ever order their chicken again.

Additionally, we dined outdoors. The staff was polite. If they were around, they opened the door for us. While walking in the aisle some of the servers would step to the side to let me pass. Our server told us about the special dishes and checked on us a couple of times. For such an upscale, expensive restaurant, the restroom was filthy and could use an upgrade.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Abu Dhabi
“Great meat....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Ate here on a very rainy June night. Server was superb, service right on the button and most importantly food - we had two petite filets - spot on ! Would certainly recommend.

Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great Steak and great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

had a craving for steak and decided to try this one out. I thought since it is in K Street, it would be quiet on a Saturday night, but the atmosphere was very good, there are many things going on. The place is big, but full, the bar is full, the restaurant is full, the function room downstairs is full of students having graduation party.

I made the reservation via Open Table, and they did take note of my preference, so there are brownie points there. I had my table by the window. The food is typical American fare, it took slightly longer than I would have liked to arrive at my table, but they were good. My first course of Tuna Tartar was light and vastly, and my NY Strip was cooked to perfection. I asked for medium rare, it was, and was very well seasoned and not too salty as I often find in the states. I skipped dessert as the steak was 16 oz, so it is more than enough for a tiny person like me.

To top it all, the waiter was very pleasant and knowledgeable, I don't mind going back. Even though normally I like to try new restaurant every week.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Excellent Service and Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have been to two toerh Bobby Van's in the city, but yesterday, I found this location to provide the best experience. Keep in mind that there are Bobby Van's Steakhouses and Bobby Van's grills with different menu options. Our server was very attentive with out being over bearing, the quality and taste of all our food was perfect and there was a very short wait. We selected the Filet Mignon and 2lb lobster accompanied with Asparagus and Mushrooms. The atmosphere is very relaxing and comfortable, could use a bit updating. A major plus was the fact that they are open for lunch and dinner. Many steakhouses do not open until the evening and other places where you can get quality food close the establishment or the kitchen varying from one hour to 3 hours which can become a burden if you are looking for a great dining experience between 3pm and 5pm. Added bonus, we were able to use a groupon deal and I believe there was a deal advertised on living social as well. So look out for those!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere