“Attended a Party” 4 of 5 stars

+1 202-289-7377
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Del Campo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #578 of 2,564 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Argentinean, South American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: The lifestyle and food culture celebrated on an estancia, a large South American vineyard estate, is the inspiration for Victor Albisu's flagship restaurant in the Chinatown neighborhood of Washington, D.C. The airy, 174-seat agrarian space is home to a meat-driven, wine-centric menu that is a product of Albisu's Latin American roots and travels throughout Argentina, Chile, Peru, and Uruguay. An extensive selection of steaks and various slow-roasted meats served with vibrant herb sauces, such as chimichurris and fresh salsas is the backbone of Del Campo's menu. Albisu's Peruvian heritage shows itself in the form of a Latin raw bar of ceviches, tiraditos and crudos. The wine program leans heavily towards South American varietals, which are decanted in traditional Argentinean carafes.
Florida
“Attended a Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Great space for a party, very open. Nice bar; servers were friendly and attentive. Passed around steak roll ups, salmon ceviche, empanadas, margaritas, wine and a Tito vodka drink with a burnt lemon slice. Associate had dinner there the night before and said the food was good but rich. Definitely would go back.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Terrible x 1,000,000”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This place deserves ZERO STARS.

Del Campo has the worst food I have ever eaten in any DC restaurant or the world for that matter.

I ordered a cocktail and the drink arrived packed with watery ice cubes, which just killed the drink.

Our reservation to table time took 30 minutes, and I had to ask the hostess why such a long delay, otherwise I probably would have waited longer.

The octopus appetizer was tasty, but the purée on the bottom of the plate was in solid form, it looked like solid lard. Terrible.

We all ordered the flank steak special, which was rolled and grilled. Upon arrival, the center of the meat was completely raw, not to mention it was pounded to hell in herbs and spices, then served with a chimichuri sauce with more herbs swimming in oil. By far the most disgusting meal I have ever eaten in my life.

I cannot understand how this place does such incredible business. People must be clueless about good food.

The desserts were completely tasteless. It was like eating air mixed with fat.
Single malt scotch served in a brandy snifter???

This place isn't going to last and I'm 9-10 in my predictions of dc restaurant closures.

Enjoy the ride Del Campo while it lasts. I should be demanding a refund on my $500. Tab. What a waste...

Basel, Switzerland
“Oh yea baby! A must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

This was an amazing experience in Peruvian cooking. From the drinks with the grilled lemon on top, to the puffs of bread with smoked olive oil, to the ceviches, that just made you want to eat them, and not go any further, but of course, you must. The grilled meat and fish was superb. If were weren't so full, we would have tried dessert. Maybe next time. Our dessert, was having the Chef/Owner come out and have a quick chat with us. I have worked in restaurants all my life, and I know how time consuming that can be for the Chef/Owner take time to stop at each table. A classy touch. Best of luck to their success.

Singapore
“delicious food, savory!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Not for vegetarians! We booked on Open Table with no issue during weeknight.

Was a bit wary as we arrived as a bit nondescript from outside and just blocks from some lower quality areas. Entryway could use some work as you walk in to improve the experience. Bar to the right, dining to the left, open kitchen straight ahead.

Ordered a pisco sour in the bar, which was great, and they lightly dusted brown sugar on the top to spell out "Del Campo". Wine list was acceptable.

Meat selection was great and very tasty, especially with the chimichurri sauce. I like that the menu supports ordering a central plate that you can share, that way if someone doesn't like a certain item, they don't begrudgingly leave it sitting uneaten on their plate. The filet and sausage were soooo good.

Service was good and unobtrusive. Friendly. I would definitely return.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ellicott City, Maryland
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I can not get enough of this place. Two meals in 2 months and both WOW. We took Pragna out for her birthday. Diane had the same shrimp as before and was just as good. I started with the same octopus appetizer and am still wowed. We then shared several grilled specialties all were excellent. The yucca fries were also wow. Dessert was the smores which rates as one of my favorites. Bar is excellent with a great selection of drinks and wine list is well chosen. I look forward to my next meal.

• Visited October 2013