“Great Place for Dinner with Friends” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Continental
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
San Francisco, California
“Great Place for Dinner with Friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This place has a fun, creative menu and very tasty dishes. I had the scallops and the sliders (both very good) and my friends had the crab cakes and seared tuna (excellent as well). A not to be missed is their chocolate infused vodka. Oh so very good. I could drink those all night long! Dessert is their specialty and it's so worth ordering. We got the plate of artisanal chocolates. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“All of your senses will come alive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Oh..my..chocolate!

Visited Co Co. Sala during our Anniversary trip to DC (pre and during the US Government shutdown) on a Tuesday night. Although we made a reservation, there was an opportunity to have been seated promptly without one.

We started by ordering a Co Cojito and a Fetish. Both drinks were equally incredible and had a hint of chocolate that complimented the cocktails beautifully. My Co Cojito was to die. So good! My Husband ordered the bacon mac and cheese and the blue cheese beef slider duo. Both items were equally tasty. Then came dessert. Oh my! We ordered the churros for two and the pumpkin spice which is a chocolate brioche and pumpkin pie bread pudding. Yuuuuuumy!!!!! The bread pudding was one of the best desserts I've ever had...you WILL LOVE IT. I can't say enough wonderful things about this restaurant, its atmorsphere, and its staff. We loved it all!!!

A trip to DC is not complete until you visit Co Co. Sala! What are you waiting for??!

• Visited October 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Make it part of your late Saturday morning ritual”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

I'm slightly obsessed with chocolate and desserts. I was downtown yesterday morning so decided to seek out Coco Sala. Not what I initially expected. The interior was very modern and trendy (reminded me of the interior of Hotel Palomar in Westwood LA). Usually places with a trendy feel also tend to have somewhat snooty staff. The place was empty but we were asked if we had a reservations - and i was in very casual camping pants and a tee shirt. We were seated inside. Our server was prompt and helpful with recommendations. I had the Aztec cheese enchilada which had mozzarella cheese and pieces of guava and came with a nice salad. Also had a side of chocolate bacon. I also had a berry bubbly which I'd highly recommend. My elementary school age daughter had the freshly squeezed lemonade which was perfectly made.
The service was great and I was very satisfied with my meal. I was too stuffed for dessert but did squeeze down a cup of their dark hot chocolate. I'm looking forward to making this part of my Saturday morning rituals.
One drawback, no children's menu but kids will enjoy!

Visited September 2013
Norfolk, Virginia
“Delish!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

Had a great date night here during our visit. Made reservations for Friday night--got a great small table in the back. My Chicken Ceasear salad was a piece of art. Husband said the Black Pearl Samon was delicious. While the main dishes were good, the stars of the show were the drinks and desserts. I had the Fetish drink (w/chocolate dipped strawberry), and then we each got a dessert. I had the chocolate onyx (yum, rich, and beautiful chocolate creations) and my husband had the Sticky Situation (this may have been one of the best desserts we've ever had). Service was slow, but was set up to feel more like an experience, not a rushed meal. Great for a romantic date night, or fun girls night out!

• Visited July 2013
va
“Best Bridal Shower 2013!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Coco Sala went out of their way to make my shower a great success. I had twenty five guests and very personalized attention. The space was excellent, the staff was excellent and the service was out of this world.

Best chocolate dessert ever-Valrhona chocolate rum cupcake
Best Cocojito- yummy

We ate :
Bacon Mac and Cheese
Artichoke Tart
Watermelon and Feta cheese

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for couples, friends and family occasions.

• Visited August 2013