“Lots of rain not an issue!” 5 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
$59*
and up
More attraction details
Owner description: Signature Tours provides exceptional tours of Washington DC. 3 hour morning tours, 6 hour all day tours (boat ride on the Potomac River), and 3 hour evening tours 7 days a week. Our experienced guides get off the bus with you and walk around to the memorials, narrating throughout. We provide brand new 2013 buses and exemplary customer service. We are the sister company of Royal Trolley Tours which has been in business for over 12 years! We look forward to having you as our guest!
Lashburn, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lots of rain not an issue!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

We decided to deke through Washington DC for a day on our way home and chose the 6 hour Signature tour to get the most out of our day. Dwayne was our tour guide and our driver was from Colombia originally (sorry, I never caught his name but remember in conversation that he was from Columbia). Dwayne was incredibly professional, knowledgeable, entertaining, gracious, considerate (one lady had a knee brace and he always had a way to accommodate her without compromising the rest of the tourists), pleasant and just as interested in his clients as they were interested in DC. Our driver fit that description also, except he didn't do the guiding. He did, however, write directions while we were stopped at a site for how to avoid traffic in getting back to our hotel! The day was VERY cold and rainy but didn't affect the quality of the tour we were given. The one issue that "dampened" the day was the afternoon boat ride. We would have been far too cold to take it so we decided to stay on shore for the 50 minutes. Judging by how cold the other guests were on return, in hind sight it may have been better to cancel the boat tour and continue to sight-see by bus, but that would have been a difficult call at the time. The tour was well paced and took us to all the iconic places you would want to have in memory, plus it gave a well rounded list of things to do if you have more time. I highly recommend this tour and suspect the rest of the passengers do also because EVERYONE left a tip (I was in the first seat and especially noticed this) and that usually only happens when people are satisfied.

Visited April 2014
Tracey_and_Zuma, Owner at Signature Tours of DC- Day/Night, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Rain, rain go AWAY! This is never the way someone would chose to take the tour, but I am glad it did not damper you time. Thank you so much for talking about Edgar and Dwayne in such a nice way. They are truly gems and we consider them family here at Signature Tours! I will personally tell them what you said.

Michigan
3 attraction reviews
“First-Class Tour That You Should Not Miss!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Wow! When I asked my friends what I should see during my first trip to DC, I had a list compiled. There was NOTHING on my list that I did not see on my family's trip today. While six hours sounded like a long day, trust me, the day flew by. Dewayne, our guide, was firing off so much info, I wish I would have had it recorded. Edgar, our navigator, provided a safe, comfortable trip. The extra information we received about the memorials, history, museums, how to get from Point A to Point B was priceless. We also booked the night tour and cannot way to see the city sites at dark. I spent a lot of time researching tour groups and definitely made the right choice. Thanks Signature Tours of DC and thanks Trip Advisor.

Visited April 2014
Thank you so much for you wonderful review of our company. It brought a big smile to my face! Dwayne is just fantastic! I will personally give him your compliments. We are so glad that you found the tour informative and exciting. Edgar can navigate around DC like no other =)
Thank you for entrusting your family with ours!
Charlotte, North Carolina
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Best Tour in DC!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

I goofed up my on-line reservation and when I called late on a Friday night Zuma answered the phone and reassured me all would be well, and it sure was. That was just the start of a great tour with Zuma & Liam. Great narration of all things DC. A family friendly, fun tour. Complimentary bottled water! You really feel appreciated. Lot's of favorite parts, but absolutely loved the Baked & Wired Cupcakes of Georgetown. Keep up the great work, see you when we are back in DC.

Visited April 2014
Mistakes happen, that is why we are here for our customers! We like to give a personalized touch. I will tell Liam you appreciated the cupcakes!
Milton Keynes
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Really really good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

Although we booked with Royal trolley tours we went with Signature tours I assume because there were not enough people for both tours. We arrived early and the Signature bus turned up but no Royal Trolley bus- it was only when my son went to ask we were told to get on this bus maybe that could be explained. That being said the tour was really good and Dwane our guide was extremley knowledgable about everything, even though there were lots of tours around he told us where to meet him or the coach after he had told us all about what we were looking at. He answered all our questions and it was great seeing everything lit up at night. We were dropped off at our hotel after the tour and this was also great as it was 11 p.m - all in all a great night

Visited April 2014
Royal Trolley is our sister company! Sorry you did not know that in advance. I am happy that your son found us! Other that that you seem like you had a great time. Glad we could give you a lift back to the hotel! Please come back and see us again!
Sydney, Australia
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“The Washington DC tour to do in one day!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

We took the Amtrak from NY into Washington for a quick one day visit. What a GREAT way to see Washington D.C and all the must see memorials in 6 hrs. Edgar was a great 'Navigator' and dropped us off and picked us up at all the right places. Liam was very knowledgeable about American history and the pace he set was just right. We had a mixed age group of 10 + 1 infant and he catered to all our needs as well as that of others on the tour and explained where we needed to be and when especially with the timing for the Potomac cruise.
Also our timing in Washington was perfect with great weather and cherry trees in full bloom.

Thanks to Signature tours for making us feel like VIPs. The little touches like bottles of water to drink were much appreciated. The bus was comfortable, clean & air-conditioned. Thanks to Edgar & Liam for being accommodating and dropping us off outside the Air & Space museum it was a great way to end the tour and save us time.

Visited April 2014
Thank you for writing about our clean buses cold water. We aim to please...Seeing the Cherry Blossoms in full bloom is a once in a lifetime experience. I am so happy that you were able to catch them! I will personally tell Liam & Edgar that you enjoyed their tour! Thank you!