“Amazing Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

2026172424
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grill Room is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #198 of 2,562 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: M Street
Transit: Circulator - M-Street & 31st Street or K-Street (in front of Loews Theatre) Metro - Foggy Bottom
Description: Tucked up along the historic C&O Canal, a national park that threads through the Georgetown neighborhood, The Grill Room specializes in hand-cut, bone-in, artisan meats, bracingly fresh seafood and tableside preparations. Framed with a wall of floor to ceiling windows and fluid geometric lines, the ambiance is one of relaxed refinement.Plan ahead and request a coveted al fresco canal side seat, perfect for enjoying the convivial, pedestrian buzz of Georgetown. At the bar, or in the restaurant, indulge from our Champagne trolley, rare selection of rye whiskies or artisan cocktails complemented with our hard harvested ice. Our staff will assist in celebrating any occasion, or should you require a more private affair, consider reserving our private dining room.Breakfast, lunch and dinner are offered daily.
Pennsylvania
“Amazing Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great choices - simple breakfast, clean fresh and updated lunch menu and a dinner that is sure to wow you and your guests.

Visited September 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful cuisine with finest local ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Where to go for your anniversary if you wish an elegant setting and an intimate atmosphere and perfect food?
We tried out the newest hidden gem in Georgetown: "The Grill Room" at the Capella Hotel Washington.
What a treasure: from the thoughtful, knowledgeable waiters who were always there but never too forward, over the perfectly sized tables ( don't you just hate it, when half of the decoration has to be cleared from the table because there's no space for the food? ), the tasteful setting and the just amazing food.
Not only the quality of the ingredients is impeccable but the creativity of the chef is playfully artsy without overpowering the food itself.
The pumpkin-soup with its candied pumpkin seeds was incredible - just enough of spicy bang to make you tongue wanting more.
A crabcake the kitchen really has the right to brag about - I mean there are crabcakes at every corner and I never order it but when my husband gave me a sample, I was ready to trade my soup!
The rib-eye was grilled to perfection and came with an extra bowl of jus and two vegetable sides.
The Virginia pork chops were unheard of: still lightly pink in the center, tender and flavorful with a grilled peach, red potato and grilled pok choi.
We went for dessert, too and what a treat! Looking like pieces of art, the taste was incredible and just made us happy! ( we had the Summer Berry Pavlova and the Key Lime Semifreddo )
Even the coffee was outstanding - I read they have a contract with a local coffee roasting company.
Taittinger Champagne, Malbec red wine and a custom non-alcoholic coctail...
It could not have come any better and we'll be back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Jackson, Mississippi
“Farm to Table Freshness”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Breakfast, lunch, and dinner = all fabulous. The outdoor setting is perfect on a crisp fall day. Helpful and friendly staff.

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“A culinary treat in the heart of Georgetown!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

A fabulous restaurant in the heart of Georgetown. Creative menu that changes daily. Try the Fresh Farm Eggs or Chesapeake Eggs Benedicts with fresh squeezed juice for breakfast. For dinner, we loved the Maryland Oysters, Yellow Corn Soup and the Halibut with Lemon Risotto. So many great choices. The Grill room is luxurious with sophisticated, knowledgeable waiters. You will be spoiled in this special restaurant.

Visited August 2013
Rockville, Maryland, United States
“The Grill Room offers the best dining experience in the Capital”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

“The Grill Room” offers an exquisite dining experience in one of DC’s finest addresses. The restaurant is located on the bottom floor of the renown “Capella Hotel” in Georgetown (next to C&O canal) and is famous for it’s hand-cut artisan meats as well an extraordinary selection of fresh seafood.

When my family and I entered “ The Grill Room” last weekend I was blown away!
It is not often that I have seen a restaurant of such elegant appearance. Sleek design successfully combines with simplicity to create a tranquil environment that puts you under a spell even before you have taken a seat. Our party was quickly guided to our table were we proceeded with choosing from the menu.

We ordered a half dozen Oysters as a starter (actually 7) and even though I was nervous, this being my first time trying them, I managed to gather all my strength and slurp down the grey goo. They were excellent! My taste buds were beginning to develop a taste for the gourmet food being served so I helped them out by ordering a 10 oz. Tenderloin steak with smoked gouda, caramelized onions, porcini gratin, glazed baby beets as well as alder smoked wood rye sauce. At this point my taste buds were celebrating! Never in my life have I dined on such a tender, tasteful steak. To top of the delicious dining experience I ordered a "Baked Alaska", a peach sorbet with an almond and vanilla sponge cake, which was a refreshing alternative to the New York Style cheesecake served by so many other restaurants in the area.

“The Grill Room” is the needle in a haystack of chain restaurants and fast food eateries that crowd this nation. It was a long search but it was worth it!
The combination of delicious food, excellent, attentive service that runs as smoothly as a well-oiled machine and a wonderful atmosphere all added up to make my dinning experience at “The Grill Room” one of the most memorable I have ever had. If you are on the look out for a venue to accommodate a special occasion, “ The Grill Room” will undoubtedly provide you with an unforgettable experience. Enjoy!

• Visited August 2013