“Well located for a short trip combining business and pleasure” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

You added Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1729 H Street N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #7 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Well located for a short trip combining business and pleasure”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed in this hotel to attend a conference close by. It is conveniently located two blocks from a metro station. The decoration is simple, yet modern, and the room was clean and spacious. The room was well lit. It had a big window, but in our case did not have a good view. I did not find the bad view to be a problem since I did not spend much time inside. The hotel offers complementary hot breakfast that was fine. It had omelets, waffles, fresh fruit, beagles, bread, etc. I did not find it particularly delicious, but it was good to start the day. The White house is just three block away, and the area is safe to walk around even at night (9:00 p.m). The only bad thing about the area is that there are not many restaurants open late, so if you are looking for dinner at 8:00 p.m you will only find a McDonalds... or you will have to walk about eight blocks east (towards Chinatown). I will recommend this hotel for those on a business trip with limited time that want to take a look at the White House and the Mall.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Saint Louis, Missouri, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

The hotel is very nice, the lobby is very modern and the staff is very friendly. Diana (the sales manager) greeted me every morning during breakfast and asked how my stay was going. Only one morning did I overhear someone say something minor was wrong and she quickly had it fixed.

Room Tip: The rooms that end in *04 are bigger rooms on the corners with double beds.
Green Features: They have recycle bins everywhere and do not take towels that you hang up so that you can reuse them.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I stayed here early January for a week with my family. This hotel is beautiful and worth every penny! It's a few blocks away from the White House and other monuments, which was perfect for my trip. The rooms were cozy and cleaned spotless daily. What stood out the most however, was the front desk and breakfast staff! Everyone was so friendly. My family and I fell in love with Portia at the front desk. She helped us with dinner recommendations every night, tour info, directions, cab service and she even gave my kids gummy worms once we checked in! I was blown away by how helpful and pleasant she was. I must say, if we are ever in the DC area again we will definitely stay at this Hampton Inn! And because of the wonderful service, my family and I will only stay at Hampton Inn's..PERIOD!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear ShayanaO,
Thank you for sharing such wonderful comments on our hotel and staff. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your visit - including the Portia :) I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of our team. I know they will enjoy it.
Lake Wylie, SC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

The service in this hotel is excellent and that includes every employee I dealt with-front desk, valet and baggage, breakfast, cleaning. The manager is doing a fantastic job. Portia at the front desk is fantastic. The value of the facilities and convenience are excellent. Great lobby and breakfast area, very clean rooms and hallways, nice amenities. Close to White House and Washington monument and metro. Many restaurants in the area. I recommend Siroc (Italian) on 15th and Blackfinns on 16th.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The Hotel stay was very welcoming. Upon my arrival Portia & Joe greeted me with a smile and personalized attention. When traveling on business all you want to do is get to your room. They let me know where I could get something quick to eat, where everything was located, and remembered my name every time I walked past the front desk! Hotel room was very clean and comfortable.

Dear Ebony B
We’re glad that you enjoyed the hotel, rooms and the staff! We agree that the team is absolutely superb. Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to D.C.
Jadranka Belajic
Assistant General Manager
Oxnard, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

My experience began with a warm, sincere, look me in the eye greeting from both Joe and Portia at the front desk. There's nothing like authenticity and true caring shines through both of these terrific individuals. The hotel is really nice. Stylish and comfortable. Breakfast was excellent and both ladies running the breakfast area were super professional and friendly. It was quite crowded and they handle the guests with grace and smiles. The room was comfortable and quiet despite being very close to the elevator. Every person I encountered demonstrated and "extra mile attitude" from the valet/doorman to front desk to breakfast support team to the kind, enthusiastic manager who came by to see if we needed anything. My colleague and I were overwhelmed by this unforgettable experience. The highest levels of customer care and a true WOW factor can be found at the DC White House Hampton Inn. Thank you and I will be back!

Washington, DC, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

Upon arrival during winter storm I was greeted by a very friendly and very helpful front desk agent. The room was very clean and well appointed. The free breakfast was better than expected and was clean and well stocked.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Walter D
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit. Please come see us again soon.

Jadranka Belajic
Assistant General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House? Share your experiences!