“Great hotel in great location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1729 H Street N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2x Points on Weekends!
Ranked #6 of 130 hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Philadelphia, United States
“Great hotel in great location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is a great hotel. Nice clean rooms, good gym and small indoor pool. Great breakfast and business center. Front of hotel you do hear a lot of street noise so try to get a back room. The hotel is not very big but what a great location. It is just a few blocks from the White House. Everything is in walking distance. Pay for parking online before arriving at nearby garages. The hotel parking is very expensive.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

592 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
scituate, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Easy walk to White House, public transportation nearby and very reasonably priced hotel. Great front desk staff. Many different places to eat for kids and adults (fast food to fine dining). Breakfast was free and good (included oatmeal with fruit, eggs, bacon and homefries).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Hampton Inn M, Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
We are grateful for your compliments toward our team and property and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Assistant General Manager
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

This is a great hotel for the price, and you can't beat the location and convenience. It's near Farragut West metro station, and within close walking distance to the White House and various other sites. And the staff, especially the evening team of Portia and Joe, are simply amazing! They are so helpful, so friendly, and made everyone so welcome! I would come back to this hotel for my next DC trip, no doubt!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

We were married at the Hampton Inn/White House in January 2014. From the moment we contacted the hotel, our event went flawlessly. Diane Falco, Director of Sales, helped us with blocking of rooms, setting up for our wedding, music, and storing and receiving items for the wedding, as well as our many other needs. She and her staff assisted us with locating places to dine and socialize.

Every member of the Hampton was helpful, pleasant and very caring. The event was so much more just because of the care and effort that the hotel staff put out. We are extremely grateful for all that they did to make it such a wonderful event.

The hotel has a large lobby/eating area that is split into two areas and was easily blocked off for the wedding, creating a private setting. There are a couple of options in setting up the room, depending on the number of guests but up to 35-40 guests can probably be accommodated.

Again, we were extremely pleased from the moment we contacted the hotel until after we left. The staff is amazingly kind, caring, effective and efficient. We highly recommend this venue if you are planning on having a small wedding.

Mary and Suzie from Kentucky

Green Features: Seemed very environmentally friendly, including: Education for guests on green practices ENERGY STAR kitchen appliances Staff training on green practices Energy-saving lighting controls ENERGY STAR windows ENERGY STAR guest room appliances
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much Suzie S!
We are honored that you chose to celebrate your wedding with us and appreciate you sharing the experience. We are delight that you enjoyed the hotel and our location. We look forward to your next visit. Thank you again and congratulations on your marriage.

Assistant General Manager
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

What a great mid size hotel, it was very refreshing to see that a hotel can be clean and modern in this world of boring worn out hotels. The staff are just fantastic here always treating you with a smile as you come and go. The morning breakfast that is supplied is great and a fantastic start to the day. My day always started with a walk to Starbucks on the cnr a few doors down and then back to the hotel to meet the family for breakfast.
The hotel is very well located with the White House only a few blocks away and lots of small resturants and bars with in a few blocks.
One thing i really noticed was how ammaculate and clean the bathrooms were.
They have a really nice area just inside the main door where you can sit and relax but what was missing was an area where you could just sit back and enjoy a wine at the bar at the end of the day.
All in all a great place to stay and i sure would go back again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bellbrook, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

Great location, just a few blocks from the White House. The rooms are recently updated, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Free hot breakfast, free Internet access, hot cider and cookies in the evening. I often work at a place just a block away and plan to return here for my future stays. The hotel is fairly small which makes it feel quiet and home-like--also nice that I never had to wait long for the elevator on the 11th floor and usually went non-stop up & down.

Green Features: Recycle bins in the hallway; they even have a separate recycle bin in guest rooms. I like that.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Tom W,
How kind of you to take the time to post a review of your recent stay at Hampton inn White House. We are delight that you enjoyed the hotel and our location. We look forward to your next visit.

Assistant general manager
Boise, Idaho, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2014

I recently returned from an 8 day business trip from the Pacific Northwest to Washington DC. I am so thankful I chose this hotel for my stay in DC. From the minute I called to make my reservation until I picked up my bags on the last afternoon, the service at this location was fantastic. Kudos to the staff for your excellent customer service. I was greeted with a smile by every employee, every time I came into the hotel or came off the elevator. The front desk staff went out of their way to meet my needs, gave excellent suggestions regarding places to eat or routes to the museums and monuments. Joe and Portia made my return to the hotel in the evening something to look forward to, I felt like they were welcoming me home (which, technically, was true for the duration of my stay). The valet asked if I needed an umbrella when I was heading out into the snow, and greeted me with a smile each evening as well. The breakfast ladies are to be commended for their friendliness and their attention to keeping the breakfast area clean and well supplied. No problems at all with the housekeeping, which is what I expect from a Hampton Inn.
The location is very convenient to the White House, the National Mall and several federal buildings, and a metro stop.
This hotel is quite new, has free breakfast and wifi and a large number of cable channels. An incredible value, especially when considering the great location.
I will definitely stay at this location anytime I'm back in the Washington DC area.
By the way, I had read some reviews that mentioned the noise from a nearby nightclub. I was on the front side of the hotel and never heard any nightclub sounds, however there was some traffic noise. That's what those earplugs on the bedside table were for, but I didn't think the noise was bad enough to warrant using them.

Room Tip: A room on the front side of the hotel means you'll hear some traffic noise.