“Excellent Stay at Hampton Inn-White House” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1729 H Street N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2x Points on Weekends!
Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Excellent Stay at Hampton Inn-White House”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very good stay. Location was fabulous. Hotel and room was clean, price was reasonable. Complimentary breakfast option was a plus. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay in this location our next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Southampton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I obviously booked this hotel based on location which worked out great. The staff was was very helpful. My biggest complaint would be the breakfast. For such a "premium" advertised hotel would have liked to seen a better offering. The scrambled eggs for example were not really edible and obviously not made fresh or maybe made from powder. Just would think a better menu would be in order for this higher end hotel. Great stay otherwise would recommed

Maple Valley, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This is a great hotel for a number of reasons. It appears new and very clean and the location is about a block from the White House. The staff is exceptional. I travel a lot and the staff can make or break a stay, this staff made my stay. This will be where I stay when I travel to DC in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

I will start with we left from Texas August 16th at 6:08 am had a delay in Atlanta of 3 hours arrived at the hotel around 5:30 our room was not ready. We were all tired and just wanted to unwind, they told us it would be 1 to 2 hours before we could get a room. I was upset however Diana did get us into 2 seperate rooms. The next day we went to Baltimore for the entire day arriving at around 5:30 to the hotel we had to move into another room which was fine so our family could be together. Diana went above and beyond to help us move our belongings which was great since we had a long day. Diana is a wonderful example of a hotel manager in the making. You need more people like her that go above and beyond.

LA, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Have been HHilton honors member for 3 years and stay primarily at Hampton Inns. Was really looking forward to this stay but didn't have the greatest experience; in fact this is my lowest Hampton review ever. Started off by getting a disabled ready room on the 2nd floor which is really ground floor of the alley that is in the back. Dumpster picked up by our window at 04:00 each morning; lovely! There was some sort of frat party in the same alley one night with loud music, drinking, bongo drums - called front desk 3 times to inquire about the noise, each time they said they would investigate and call back; they never did. Breakfast buffet was the stingiest I have ever encountered, waffle batter watered down, had to ask for bread slices and was given them one at a time! And, grossest of all was the woman at the buffet picking up spillover from the corn flakes, cheerios and fruit loops on the counter and placing it back in the dispenser! Asked front desk to order us a cab for the airport and they ordered a limo.
The location was great, very near subway and White House. Be advised, this section of DC rolls up the sidewalks at 6pm and you may need to walk closer to Dupont circle for a meal.
I hope they iron out the wrinkles as it is a great location, has a nice boutique style and majority of staff were very pleasant. Good luck with it.

Room Tip: Second floor was noisy with alley in the back - dumpster pickup and frat party.
Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four days while visiting our daughter. I had originally written a review that detailed some troubles I had with the place. I also e-mailed the hotel with the details of my stay, and I was amazed at the reaction I got from the hotel. Because of the hotel’s reply and response to my e-mail to them, I pulled my original review and am posting this.
This hotel is in a great location just blocks from the White House and 1 block from the Metro. The people that work here are very nice, and as demonstrated by their response to my e-mail, really do care and want to provide a good product. Trust me, they stand behind their hotel and its satisfaction guarantee.
This is a new hotel and does have some growing pains as other reviewers have mentioned. I really think the hotel is trying hard to improve and cares. I really believe they will get everything right and will be a first class place. I originally wrote that I would not return here; I believe in second chances and these folks work hard to try and make you happy and for that, I would stay here again and let them show me!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I wanted to tell everyone that this particular hotel went above and beyond the normal customer service. Every employee greeted my daughter and I each and every time someone would see us or ask if we needed anything. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The only thing I could see if if was their responsibility or www.hotels.com's was to mention the extra $30.00 a night for your vehicle parking because there is really no parking on the street available. Also, tax was added to your amount of days you had your vehicle parked daily for your length of stay. I just wish it was told before hand,however,the parking valet employees were exemplary in explaining the parking details and hours of retrieving your vehicle for you. They were very courteous and prompt not to mention helping us personally with our luggage from the start of our stay to getting into the car to depart of our leave for the trip. I have stayed at many hotels and motels over my 26 years of traveling. This hotel, I would grade it a A. If I would to return, I will no doubt stay at Hampton Inn Washington D.C/White House for sure!!! My daughter and I had a excellent trip and stay !

Room Tip: We had the third floor. Located by the ice machine and having two elevators was very nice. We were i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House? Share your experiences!