“They are trying hard; guaranteed!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House

You added Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1729 H Street N.W., Washington DC, DC 20006 (Dupont Circle)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save 15%
Ranked #6 of 133 Hotels in Washington DC
GreenLeadersGold level
Kansas
“They are trying hard; guaranteed!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for four days while visiting our daughter. I had originally written a review that detailed some troubles I had with the place. I also e-mailed the hotel with the details of my stay, and I was amazed at the reaction I got from the hotel. Because of the hotel’s reply and response to my e-mail to them, I pulled my original review and am posting this.
This hotel is in a great location just blocks from the White House and 1 block from the Metro. The people that work here are very nice, and as demonstrated by their response to my e-mail, really do care and want to provide a good product. Trust me, they stand behind their hotel and its satisfaction guarantee.
This is a new hotel and does have some growing pains as other reviewers have mentioned. I really think the hotel is trying hard to improve and cares. I really believe they will get everything right and will be a first class place. I originally wrote that I would not return here; I believe in second chances and these folks work hard to try and make you happy and for that, I would stay here again and let them show me!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I wanted to tell everyone that this particular hotel went above and beyond the normal customer service. Every employee greeted my daughter and I each and every time someone would see us or ask if we needed anything. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The only thing I could see if if was their responsibility or www.hotels.com's was to mention the extra $30.00 a night for your vehicle parking because there is really no parking on the street available. Also, tax was added to your amount of days you had your vehicle parked daily for your length of stay. I just wish it was told before hand,however,the parking valet employees were exemplary in explaining the parking details and hours of retrieving your vehicle for you. They were very courteous and prompt not to mention helping us personally with our luggage from the start of our stay to getting into the car to depart of our leave for the trip. I have stayed at many hotels and motels over my 26 years of traveling. This hotel, I would grade it a A. If I would to return, I will no doubt stay at Hampton Inn Washington D.C/White House for sure!!! My daughter and I had a excellent trip and stay !

Room Tip: We had the third floor. Located by the ice machine and having two elevators was very nice. We were i...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

The staff here at the front desk is great. Very attentive. Here's the things that didn't go so well:

1. There was a water leak of some kind so the pool was closed for a few days, parts of the lobby were blocked off and some guest rooms were impacted making it impossible to get a room with 2 beds for our party of 3 adults and 1 child.

2. Breakfast has very little to choose from and they couldn't keep up. Not sure if it was because they had so many guests
or just didn't prepare properly. They even ran out of plastic knives.

3. The pool is cute, tiny but cute. However, the temp was like the arctic tundra.

4. We borrowed an air mattress for one adult and child to sleep on. There wasn't much room for it, but we made it work. Kept deflating bit by bit during the night.

5. Not that it's the hotels fault, but there is a club behind the hotel that has very loud music in the evenings. If you book, ask for a room that doesn't abut the alley. Tell them you know about the club.

The front desk folks try incredibly hard, even bringing extra towels up themselves. These are the staff that will make this hotel great as the location gains more experience.

Close to Farragut West and North. Few blocks from the White House. Lots of restaurants within walking distance.

• Stayed August 2013
Mechanicsburg, Pa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We just returned from a wonderful weekend in Washington DC. The new Hampton Inn is very close to the White House and the Mall. It is a brand new hotel and central to tourist sights. The breakfast was a typical Hampton Inn breakfast but the scrambled eggs tasted like cardboard. I don't think they were real eggs. Everything else was fine. Joe at the front desk couldn't do enough for us. They were very helpful in getting a taxi almost immediately. The service was top rate and we will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed here for a business tirp and had a few hours to walk around. The room was great (clean) but the area where this hotel is located cannot be beat if you like to run or simply walk and see the sites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very comfortable and the front desk staff is very nice and accommodating. Their location is walking distance to the White House and other points of interest...If you have a car, you can't get it out of valet between 10pm and 6am...During busy times, it takes 20 min to get your car from the valet. Valet is $30 a night plus tips...It was nice to have a free hot breakfast but they could keep the breakfast area a bit cleaner during breakfast hours. Tables weren't wiped between guests sittings. Not the end of the world but a little more attention to keeping the breakfast area cleaner during the busy breakfast hours would be nice. Overall, the price was right!!

• Stayed August 2013
Ada, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We arrived a little after 3pm on a Wednesday afternoon. GPS found the location easily. I pulled up out front, parked, and went inside to get cart and see about the required Valet parking. No carts were available. They were all holding luggage in the storage area. The one Valet went to find a cart. Check in was easy. The well spoken of desk agent, Joe, was on duty and was as good at his job as the reviews speak. He should move up the ladder of success within Hilton. It took about 20 minutes to get our car taken to be parked. We never did get a cart so we carried our bags to our room. We had a corner room on the 5th floor. I am posting a map of the rooms on this floor and I assume all rooms are similar. Our room was rather small. Window was very small overlooking the street and entrance to hotel. Very little noise. Chair in corner and desk chair. Both comfortable. Internet was fast. TV channel selection was very good. Bed was comfortable and bathroom was well lit. Service to room was so so. Started with only one regular coffee pack. One morning had one less large towel. One day no room cleaning until we asked. Elevators (2) are fast. As for breakfast? Standard fare. Weekday worker was more efficient than Saturday morning worker. When there were food shortages, once asked, replaced quickly... except for Saturday morning. When my wife went to door to get breads added, worker was in back eating. One evening, the Hampton hosted a private reception. We were notified by letter under the door. The only problem was the crowd that filled the lobby on entering and leaving hotel. The area is filled with excellent restaurants and the Metro. The Washington Mall is within a short walk as are all the sites of DC. Overall, a potentially nice place with one of the best rates in DC.

Room Tip: Ask for a bigger room along front of hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn Washington, D.C./White House? Share your experiences!