“cheap hostel to stay in dc” 3 of 5 stars

DC Lofty
DC Lofty
1333 11th Street NW, Washington DC, DC DC 20001 (Upper Northwest)   |
Monterrey, Mexico
“cheap hostel to stay in dc”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

I was going to stay in duo hostel but they didnt accept cash only credit/debit cards.and i only had cash the duo hostel told me there was the loftyhostel just a couple of blocks away ,the lofty had a friendly enviroment .they had this particularly rule of taking off your shoes while you´re inside the hostel.to make it more friendly i believe.the place was clean and in my 2 night stay i can say it was a secure place to stay. staff was friendly but one of the girls called kendra was not that friendly.I had a problem with my documents i left my passport inside the airplane when i arrive to washington and I had to do some mandatory calls to the airline in order to leave dc and go straight to the airport and take my return flight to my hometown.,so after the 2nd night I was waiting for the airline to call me or email me and tell me if they´ve found the document but this person from the staff practically gave me a warning that I had to leave the lofty right away and even said that there was practically no rooms available that day,when actually there were around 6 beds available! (she even told me so at that precise moment)kendra was aware of my passport-situation i was going through. fortunately! another girl from the staff who was actually in charge told me that if i had to stay there and i needed to use the common areas there was no problem it all of course as long as i didnt use the rooms until i payed for another night .at the end the airline found my passport and i was able to leave the place (if I would not receive any information from the airline i would have pay for another night of course and keep waiting but not before i had some answer from the airline. kendra was not courteous.
the lofty hostel is a decent hostel,cheap and near the touristic area.(lincoln memorial,museums,capitolium,the whote house,etc..)also the metro station is near the hostel.so if youre looking for a cheap stay in dc not far away from the touristic zone this is an option .

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to DC Lofty? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about DC Lofty

Address: 1333 11th Street NW, Washington DC, DC DC 20001
Ranked #9 of 23 Specialty lodging in Washington DC
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HostelWorld, Booking.com, Priceline and HostelBookers so you can book your DC Lofty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage DC Lofty, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.