“Rye Bar is perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
glasgow
“Rye Bar is perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Visited Rye Bar on the ground floor after a recommendation. Situated just off M Street and the busier bars this is just over the canal and has an opulent interior with great seating and good choice of drinks and cocktails. About $10 a drink so not cheap but can imagine this would be a great place for romantic nights or for couples.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
CapellaWashingtonDC, General Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Greetings colin7629,

Thank you so much for your gracious review on TripAdvisor regarding your visit to the Rye Bar at Capella Washington, D.C. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed the beautiful location on the historic C&O Canal as well as our spacious seating layout and selection of cocktails. I look forward to welcoming you back for many more occasions. Wishing you a healthy and prosperous 2014.

Alex Obertop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Made a family trip for a week out of dropping our son off at Georgetown Law School! Was recommended to Capella by American Express and I have to say they were on the ball! What a beautiful hotel in every way! The staff is top notch from the moment you approach front doors to waiting for elevator! Very pleasant, helpful in every way! We loved every part of the hotel' rooms spacious, beautifully decorated, details all over, infinity pool! Will definitely and stay every time I come back to DC which will be often from now on.

• Stayed August 2013
Greetings Lindamesteve,

I am so delighted to read that you chose Capella Washington, D.C. during your visit to Georgetown while taking your son to Law School. Georgetown is a beautiful location and Capella fits perfectly in the heart of this historic city. I appreciate your kind words regarding our elegant and spacious decor, and your excitement to return the next time you're in DC. Our Personal Assistants and service team very much look forward to your return!

Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have been enjoying the hot new Georgetown Capella property ie the Rye Bar, Grill Room and rooftop since it opened this past spring. I therefore couldn't wait to finally enjoy a stay with my wife in one of the boutique rooms over the New Year holiday. The top floor corner "Georgetown" room my wife and I stayed in was magnificent. The added touches such as white rose petal sprinkled rugs, a heart of red rose petals on our bed, rose petals floating in our ready to go heated jacuzzi, votive candles abounding throughout the room and chilled champagne and flutes all awaiting our arrival were spectacular MOST appreciated. And the top floor, floor to ceiling windowed corner view of Georgetown and the historic canal painted a most romantic canvas.
The beyond accommodating hotel staff was OUTSTANDING throughout our stay!
I have HIGHLY recommended Capella Georgetwon to friends, family and colleagues around the world and look very much forward to returning to this fantastic property very soon and to visiting other Capella properties around the world.
________________________________________

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Greetings mitchweber,

I would like to thank and express to you and your wife our appreciation for this outstanding review regarding your New Year's Eve celebration at Capella Washington, D.C. I am thrilled to read that you have been enjoying our property for quite some time now, and that you ventured upon the opportunity to stay-cation with us for New Year's Eve! The Georgetown Room is indeed a luxurious and beautiful space, and one of my favorites. Thank you for recommending us to your family and friends, we cannot wait for your return and to meet more of your guests!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Located in the active and fast-moving beautiful neighbourhood of Georgetown, Capella Washington D.C. is a very different luxury hotel. Instead of the presitigious classics of the area, Capella takes a lofty approach to the art of lodging.
From the outside, Capella can perfectly fit as some luxury condos. Instead we are greeted to a hotel in which you literally crave to live in. The lobby is a magnificent space, mixing cozy wood with lavashing marble and modern sculptures and paintings. The staff was gentle, and they helped us with every request, and they know a lot about the area. The pool is also another amazing add-on to the hotel. Located in the rooftop, it has some pretty awesome views, and again, a lofty vibe to it.
But the stars of the hotel are the rooms. Indeed, BIG. Very big. And beautifully decorated, with lots of attention to detail, with a perfect harmony between warm and extravagance, There is really no hotel in Washington, and perhaps the world, that can compare to the magnificent suites in Capella. This hotel truly makes you feel like home, well, the home you wish you had.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Greetings HotelReviewTA,

I would like to express our appreciation and thanks for your incredible review of Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown on TripAdvisor. I am so pleased that you were able to experience every realm of our hotel that gave you such a home away from home feeling. It is an honor that we were able to provide you with a superior and memorable stay. Just like we do at all Capella Hotels, we place our guests at the center of everything we do to provide you with unparalleled exclusivity, loyalty, experiences and legacy moments. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We are very much looking forward to your return, hopefully in the near future.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I spent our 5 year wedding anniversary at the gorgeous Capella hotel. The service was fantastic! The staff knew our names right away, everyone was so polite, and they went above and beyond to make our stay memorable. The hotel sits on a very quaint street with nice restaurants. A short walk up to M Street and you are in the hub of Georgetown's wonderful dinning and shopping. The hotel's restaurant had amazing food. We had dinner there one evening and it was incredible. Overall, we loved the hotel, staff, location, and food. As far as improvements, the in room spa services cannot compare to a true hotel spa and the complimentary continental breakfast was very bare.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Greetings LeahC590,

Thank you so much for this extraordinary review regarding your one of a kind stay at Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown for your five year wedding anniversary. It gives me great pleasure to read that every aspect of your stay was so seamless and enjoyable, from the personalized greetings by our PA's, to the fantastic location and dining in The Grill Room. I will proudly share your gracious comments with the rest of the staff as comments like yours are an inspiration to our continuous creation of excellence in everything we do. I do appreciate your feedback regarding in-room spa services and continental breakfast, I will be sure to address this with my service team. We cannot wait to welcome the both of you back for many more legacy moments and memories.

Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

My family and I had a fabulous stay at the Capella. The décor was warm and exciting. The staff was professional and genuinely caring. Brunch at The Grill was fantastic. All of this combined with the wonderful location have us anxious to return!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Greetings Amy B,

I am so delighted and thankful to read your review regarding your stay at Capella Washington, D.C. close to the 2014 New Year. I am thrilled that you had such a memorable and unique experience and enjoyed the décor, professional service, dining experience, and wonderful location of our hotel. I am pleased to hear that you do plan on returning as well for even more legacy experiences. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

The Capella hotel restaurant I found it very attractive from the ambiance the set up the decor very cosy homy and the same time excellent service.The food is very testy, you need to visit the restaurant.
Tes

Room Tip: I was their for lunch I did not use the rooms I am sure the reception of the staff it makes you feel...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings tesfaye a,

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting this exceptional review regarding your dining experience at The Grill Room in December. I very much look forward to the day we can welcome you back and showcase even more excellent service and seasonally inspired dishes. prepared by our Executive Chef, Jakob Esko. I look forward to hearing about many more experiences of yours, from our restaurant & bar, to our hotel.

Alex Obertop

Been to Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown? Share your experiences!