“Great location, outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1050 31st St NW, Washington DC, DC 20007 (Georgetown)   |
Ranked #2 of 130 Hotels in Washington DC
New York City, New York
“Great location, outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

This hotel us fabulous! With just under 50 rooms, this boutique hotel is truly what luxury is all about. Super private entrance, outstanding service (love the Personal Assistants touch) and fabulous accommodations.
We had a suite with the most gorgeous room and bathroom. The small details (complimentary mini-bar) and access to the fitness center and roof top pool/ terrace are the type of things that make a difference.
We loved the bar and the restaurant, located by the canal. Very romantic and wonderful to experience on a beautiful evening. The location is amazing, you can walk to shops and restaurants, but who wants to leave such beautiful accommodations?
We can't wait to be back and truly enjoy the hotel! We over planned our trip and are looking to go back to just stay and enjoy the hotel.

Room Tip: Go with a suite ... the bathtubs are fabulous!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Greetings Nuria38,

It was an absolute pleasure serving and welcoming you for the first time to our brand new hotel in Georgetown. Thank you so much for your generous review and kind remarks about our personalized service, privacy, ultra-luxury accommodations and convenient location. Our staff and team members at Capella DC are thrilled to read that you and your guest loved every aspect of your suite and the exclusive access to the rooftop lounge, infinity pool and fitness center. Furthermore, I am delighted that each and every detail of your stay made you feel so special and comfortable. You're loyalty to Capella is highly appreciated and each of us cannot wait for the opportunity to serve you again when your travels next bring you to Washington, D.C.

Alex Obertop

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Germantown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our family of 4 spent 3 nights at the Capella over the July 4th Holiday. The hotel itself is small and luxurious. From the wall controls for the windows (my kids loved this) to the complementary beverage bar in the room, Capella thinks of everything. The cupcakes waiting for us in our room upon check in was an excellent touch. And the bottled water when we were leaving was a nice departure!

The housekeeping staff did a fabulous job. The beds were extremely comfortable and we all slept very well during our visit. The room and the entire hotel continues to look brand new and every inch is spotless.

The doormen greeted us by name every time we came or left the hotel, which was appreciated.

The personal assistant was always warm and friendly and willing to offer advice or secure reservations. I feel that we did not take advantage of their services at all. This is probably due to the fact that I am a planner and knew exactly what we were doing before we got there. And.....I rely on Trip Advisor to tell me where to eat in the area!

I picked the Capella for our visit mainly because of the rooftop viewing for the fireworks. There were very few family friendly options for rooftop viewing in the DC area but Capella stood out as a great hotel that offered this option. I was a little disappointed in the viewing event on the rooftop that night. The band stopped playing during the fireworks, right when it would have been nice to have some patriotic music. And smoking was allowed, which I did not expect. The rooftop is small and with a number of smokers it was impossible to keep my son, who is allergic to cigarette smoke, away from the smoke. We ended up back in our room immediately following the fireworks, but were delighted to find individual apple pies waiting there for us. What a fantastic surprise.

I would highly recommend the Capella to anyone looking for a luxurious hotel in the Georgetown area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Good Afternoon jwillstp,

Thank you so much for choosing Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown during your most recent stay in the Nation's Capital. I am extremely pleased to read that we were able to accommodate you and your family on the rooftop for the exclusive 4th of July firework celebration. I do apologize for the cigarette smoke and lack of patriotic music during the show. Comments like yours help us to learn from our mistakes and become a better hotel. Your gracious review and opinion is so important and will benefit us tremendously next year during preparation for 4th of July.

I highly appreciate you being a valued guest at our hotel and allowing us the opportunity to craft such a wonderful experience for you and your family. It is pleasing to read that you enjoyed all the amenities, accommodations, and attention to detail our team provided during your stay. Your loyalty to Capella is treasured and highly respected by our entire team. It was a pleasure being able to serve you and your family and we all look forward to the day you return, hopefully in the near future!

Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My friends and I stopped in here for a cocktail on a Sunday afternoon. The bar is intimate with big, comfortable chairs to lounge in. The servers were prompt, polite, and accommodating. Drinks were delicious. After my friend announced my birthday, the staff surprised me with a complimentary glass of champagne. We would definitely go back to this bar!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Greetings rlwags13,

Happy belated birthday! Thank you so much for sharing your first experience of The Rye Bar with us. I am delighted to read that you and your friends had such an amazing celebration and enjoyed the warm, welcoming, and personalized accommodations we offer. We constantly seek ways to create memorable experiences for our guests, which is why it gives me great pleasure to read that you have every intention of returning to our hotel. We are all very much looking forward to welcoming you and your friends back very soon for yet another great experience at The Rye Bar and Capella Washington, D.C.

Amman, Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

From the minute I arrived until the minute I left i felt like I was at a luxury home I owned. the service was impeccable, the rooms and facilities were just the right mix between functionality and a feel of home. and the roof spa facilities and relaxation area were a rare treat. due to the small size of the hotel all the staff would greet us by name which only added to the home away from home feel. Frankly this is one of the best hotels i've ever stayed in and I have been in some great places. I couldn't fault anything.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Good Afternoon Tarek_Aggad,

Thank you so much for choosing Capella Washington, D.C., Georgetown during your recent stay in the Nation's Capital. I am delighted to read that you had such an incredible experience at our hotel and enjoyed our friendly staff, guest rooms and ultra luxury accommodations. I highly appreciate your generous review and am so happy that your experience was one of the best in a hotel that you have had so far! I am so thankful that you had the opportunity to experience our newest Capella property and we all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

A cab dropped us off a little down the street from our destination. The door men opened the door and welcomed us to the hotel. Upon letting them know we were not guests at the hotel, they asked if we would like to have a drink after dinner. Since we were 45 minutes early, we chose to have a drink ahead of time. The service was spectacular in the Rye Bar and the drinks even better. While no the cheapest, you certainly felt the drink and more so the experience were worth it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Greetings Sbuescher,

Thank you so much for this generous review regarding your first experience at The Rye Bar. I am so delighted to read that you and your guest were happy with our spectacular service and warm welcome the moment you entered our hotel. I wanted to thank you both for giving The Rye Bar a chance before your dinner at The Grill Room, and I am so glad that you enjoyed your drink selections. I will be sure to share this review with our team as I know they would be so proud and honored to hear that you had such a great experience. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Capella Georgetown is a great property! The service was top notch and the decor and hotel itself is stunning. It brings a new level to D.C. hotels, giving a new meaning to luxury in this city. The elegance is apparent.

Room Tip: All categories are fantastic! If you have a family traveling with you, the suites are the way to go...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
CapellaDC, Manager at Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Greetings travelansley,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your most recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. It gives me great pleasure to read that you enjoyed the ultra luxury amenities and incredible service that we offer here at Capella. We will look forward to serving you again when your travels bring you back to Washington D.C.

Ringwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels in DC and this property is very special. From the minute you arrive until the minute you leave they make you feel so welcome and at home. The staff is so nice from the doorman to the bartenders in the lobby bar. They are so friendly and full of knowledge that they are eager to share whether it is about the area restaurants or the wines on their wine list. The hotel is in a great location in Georgetown, walking distance to all the great restaurants and shops that Georgetown has to offer. The rooms are comfy, inviting and plenty of space. The rooftop pool / bar / lounge area is a great place to escape to and only guests are permitted. I highly recommend this hotel for the savy traveler who likes a hotel that makes you feel at home and enjoys pampering.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Good Afternoon Lala724,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback of our hotel. It gives me great pleasure to read that you chose Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown during your stay in the Nation's Capitol. I am so happy to learn that you enjoyed the location, kind attentive staff and all of our unique guest room and rooftop accommodations. It brings great joy to our staff and team to hear that you had such a memorable experience. I am very much looking forward to your return and for our next opportunity to serve you when your travels next bring you to Washington, D.C.

Alex Obertop

Been to Capella Washington D.C., Georgetown? Share your experiences!